"and felix...looks like you don't have a partner." I waited patiently to hear what the solution to the problem would be but was confused when she let out a small chuckle.

"never mind, yes you do. I just forgot to write it down. felix, you're with sean." my eyes went wide as I stared at my friends in shock. I didn't even realise that boy was in my English class! but he told me to never speak to him again, what did I do? I looked around the classroom and saw that it was true; he was sat at the very back of the classroom giving me the most evil glare anybody had ever given me in my entire life. if I went over to him in that lesson, would I die? because it really felt like it with the way he was looking at me.

"now everybody go sit next to your partner and i'll explain what to do next." the students started to get up and wander around. me and my friends stayed glued to our seats for as long as we possibly could.

"this fucking sucks." bob exclaimed but quietly so the teacher didn't hear him.

"yeah, it really does. the girl i'm with is nice and all, but she always talks about really smart stuff that I don't understand and it makes me feel stupid when I try to impress her because I know nothing about physics but she does!" we all stared at ken in confusion as he had a crisis about this girl. 

"and i'm with that new kid...he fucking hates me. if I go over there now you'll never see me again." I said. the others didn't really know what to say, except for telling me to be careful and wishing me luck. soon they all stood up (except for mark and ethan) so that they could find their assigned partners. I did the same, knowing that sean wouldn't voluntarily come over to me. he was no longer looking at me and was instead gazing at the floor. he didn't look up as I made my way over to him and as I very very cautiously sat down next to him. even though he was the hostile one out of the two of us, I still greeted him so I didn't seem rude.

"hi." he just looked up, stared at me for a few seconds and then turned away without saying a word.

mrs christa soon explained what we needed to do. she handed every partner a large piece of paper where we would write down our plans and ideas for the project. she also handed out colouring and drawing utensils that we could use to be a bit more creative. she gave out books and documents that we could use to help us and after that, she told us to get to work.

I looked back over at sean and sighed before speaking up.

"so...have you got any ideas?" I did get a response, but it wasn't one that I wanted. all he did was shrug his shoulders before putting his head on the table and remaining in that position for the next twenty minutes. in that time I started to plan out the project myself because I knew he wasn't going to help. it would be a waste of time waiting around for him.

"as I said earlier, you guys will be doing this for the next month. that means until the deadline, all of your English lessons will be devoted to this project. but you can work on it outside of school if you want to." the teacher announced. I looked over at sean who still had his head on the table. I sighed and called his name a couple of times, but he didn't answer, so I banged the table with my fist and very loudly cleared my throat. it worked. he whipped his head up and...growled? do people growl? 

"what? i'm trying to sleep you imbred." I ignored the insult and informed him of what mrs christa had just told the class.

"we can work on it after school if you want? we could start from next Monday. you could come to my house after school, we can walk there. we could work on the project for an hour or two and then you could go home." he stared at me coldly, looking like he wanted to throw up.

"why the fuck would I wanna do that?" he asked in an irritated tone.

"because if we do then we'll get the project done quicker, and if we get the project done quicker i'll leave you alone sooner." he sighed and thought about it for a few seconds before rolling his eyes at me.

"fine. i'll go your stupid house on Monday." I smiled at him but all he did was groan in frustration and rest his head back on the table. I rolled my eyes and continued to work on the project, but stopped when he surprisingly spoke to me.

"also Shakespeare was a 16th century writer, not 15th. if he was a 15th century writer, he would have been born in the 1400's, but he was born in 1564. It's believed that he wrote his first play in 1590. He would have been 25 at the time." my jaw had dropped completely. that was actually...a very smart thing of him to say. it was definitely something I never expected to come out of his mouth.

"wow...thanks. I never thought i'd hear you say something that...educating." he stared at me and I noticed that his face had gone bright red. was he embarrassed or something?

"just shut up and let me go back to sleep nerd." he didn't speak to me again for the entire lesson and put his head back on the table. I focussed on the work, editing the information I had to match the info that he just told me. every now and again I looked back at him, only to see him in the exact same position. I sighed. why was he acting so dumb earlier on when he just came out with that, something I didn't even know?