1: You're Gonna Be His Girlfriend

• Dedicated to Johnana Co

"Sam be back soon, we're still gonna meet Uncle Morty later" My mom called out as I ran off the house after dropping my bags.

Mom allowed me to look around the country club before meeting the so called "Uncle Morty" here. The man who took care of me when I was a baby finally came back from the UK and desperately wanted to see us that he let us stay in one of his houses near the country club for the weekend

Instead of listening to my mom gush about how she misses the old man, I ran off to the country club that led me to this amazing pool area. Smooth glistening rocks cascades from the side making the pool look like a huge pond. My eyes wandered as they found a pair of eyes staring back at me. It was a guy my age or older. He stood up wearing a thin white wifebeater and boardshorts walking towards where i'm standing not waivering eye contact.

"Hi" the guy grinned with a smile that can melt anything or anyone that sees them

"Hello" grinning back at him. He's accent just made me a lot more nervous. Panicked as he reached out his hand in front of me.

"So... I'm Henry" the name flowed beautifully with his voice.

"Samantha, Sam for short" I carefully shook his hand with a slight of awkward confusion.

"Well, my name can't be short enough or else it'll be 'hen' and that's just chicken." He gave me a pained look, unsure of what he was going to say. It was adorable.

"Uhm... Boyfriend?" he asked one hand rubbing his neck. My eyes widened expressing disbelief of the thought. Is he asking me out?

"Ah, no.. uhmm. I'm single." an awkward smile beamed from my face while rubbing my hand on my other elbow trying to stay calm.

"Are you interested to find one?" He awkwardly suggested as he put his hands in his pockets and randomly exchanging his weight from heel to sole. "because there's gonna be a dinner party later. If you want- uhm.."

"That's cool, I might go." nodding my head, Saving this adorable person from awkwardly asking me out even further. I was smiling like a fool.

He smiled charmingly like he accomplished something "Great! so it'll be held at the restaurant by the poolside. It's nothing formal, don't worry."

"So, see you then?"

"Thanks Sam." He winked as I walked off slowly trying to look cool. Until I was out of his sight, I ran off like a lunatic back to our place and went upstairs to choose my outfit for later. After scattering all of my packed clothes all over the room. I settled with a long buttonup shirt paired with shorts and strapped sandals. Typical girl next door right? pat some light blush and put on eye make up, I ran down the stairs

"Mom! Just be in the restaurant! I met a someone, meeting him there! Don't wait for me for dinner!"

"Sam!" my mom yelled my name but I ignored it and ran off to the poolside restaurant.

I instantly saw Henry waving at me. He was sitting next to a girl cuddling him. Anyone can see through my obvious faint disappointment till another guy stood up and opened a seat for me beside him. My elbow bumped the chair.

"careful" My eyes gawked at this other God who looked like a slightly younger version of henry.

"Sam, This is Jacqui, my girlfriend" my face returned towards Henry and gave them a grim smile. How could he flirt with me behind his girlfriend's back and invite me here to see my reaction. This is a sick joke.

" I think I-" I got ready to stand up and run away from embarrassment. However, the other guy stood up beside me and stared with his clear blue eyes. My heart hammered nervously not knowing what's he going to do. He reached out his hand to me making a handshake gesture.