𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 [KEFI]

Start from the beginning

"y/n, you seriously made these costumes?" nao admires all the details and beautiful belts/ additions. y/n's cheeks heated up. "i couldn't have done it without anzu!" she gestured at the brown haired girl who hummed and felt eyes on her. she blushed at the attention and giggled nervously. though the given credit was incredible.

the lights of the stage dimmer and then lit up. dimmed and lit up. the pattern repeated itself with low beats until they realized someone was messing with the controls at the broadcasting room. kanami could be seen waving below from the windows. a huge grin on her face. anzu seemed pretty offended that someone as her was allowed in that room, whilst others such as y/n and her family, were not surprised.

"how'd she get up there?!" tori exclaimed.

kanami disappeared from the view and made her way down. wataru walked towards y/n, smiling at the fact she still wore the rose he had given her when they first met.

"this was a fun experience. i'm not shaken up at the fact fine lost. it's a marvelous fes, can't by disappointed by a fragment loss." wataru smiled. "now, what's on your mind? dear f/n."

the young producer smiled awkwardly, scratching her cheek and heaving dramatically as a way to blanket her slight anxiousness. "you think mai would be proud?" y/n asked him, looking at him earnestly.

"hm? why of course, n/n. to me it looks like you might have surpassed her skills." wataru chuckled, winking cheekily.  y/n gaped, heart skipping a beat. that's something y/n deemed to be nearly impossible. she wouldn't think her unit's costumes were too complex.

"i..." y/n closed her fingers into her palms and smiled gently at him. other units came on stage and congratulated ryuseitai while others talked to fine. "that's a lot to take in. haha!"

"not what we expected from you, y/n."

y/n's breath hitched, stiffening up. fear took over her eyes as she slowly turned around and saw them. all this time, she wasn't quite sure how to confront them. after two whole years , it wasn't something y/n dreamt or thought of. what her next step with her parents would be had never crossed her mind when she met these idols and anzu.

"these idols are one of a kind." her mother smiled, directing towards ryuseitai to which chiaki thanked energetically.

"it's an honor, ma'am!"

kanami appeared, jumping on hisaki's back while laughing. "you boys did a good job!"

"nee-san..." y/n forcefully smiled at kanami, tearing up both because of her and the presence of her parents.

"y/n, hello! amazing show!" she giggled, tackling y/n in a hug. hisaki scratched his head, stretching since he hadn't had kanami jump on him for a good year. y/n turned back to her parents, frowning while the humiliating tears glossed over her eyes. kanami stood next to her, hands connected behind her back.

"it's been a while, y/n." her father tipped his head. everybody felt the uncomfortably tension rising in the air between the two adults and the teenager.

"mother...father..." y/n's voice broke sillily, but there was a warm kind of tone. "mother....father! what do you think? i...i put so much effort in this!" y/n promptly asked, placing a hand across her chest to bring out more emotion.

a hand was placed on y/n's shoulder and she saw the satisfied smile on her parents faces.
"you grew strong." her father softly said. y/n's lips parted as her eyes turned watery. just three words was enough to make y/n want to faint. she took a deep breath and smiled widely as a couple of faint chuckles escaped some people's mouth.

"we enjoyed it."

━━━━━━

y/n bid goodbye to him. (or her) she is looking forward  to seeing him the next school day. yet, the girl, who was clever at hiding things from her friends, her parents seemed to read right through her and walked up to her before they left. all as if they weren't on good terms just a while ago—