Part Seventeen: Fight

Athena stood in front of her men and Padawan, her two lightsabers drawn and ready for battle

Athena stood in front of her men and Padawan, her two lightsabers drawn and ready for battle. Shiva couldn't shake the feeling that something's going to go wrong.

"They've cut the lock, sir!" Athena heard as she held her position, the hum of her lightsabers growing increasing loud, as if it was ready to be used. "Hold your positions!"

"Here they come!"

Just before the doors could open fully, the droids began firing, the men also throwing their blast fire and Athena and Shiva deflecting shots as they did. "We have to hold the line!" Athena shouted to the men as she ran up to some droids, slashing through them and force pushing some back.

Athena turned back, seeing most of her men going down because of the second wave which were full of super droids. Athena ran up behind the four of them, cutting through them all with one swipe and went back to deflecting shots.

Just when she deflected one more blast, she felt a force push her back hard and into a wall, knocking her out instantly. When she came to, she saw a figure talking to a droid.

"Take care of what's left of the clones. I'll go after Skywalker." The figure said, Athena immediately recognizing the voice and she tried to get up, but her body felt paralyzed.

"Roger, roger."

"Seal the main gate and all portals. Let nothing escape this castle." She ordered as the droid nodded.

"Yes, Mistress." Just as it said that, a blast fire went off, killing the droid. More blasts were thrown and the figure dodged them all before force choking the person. Athena's eyes trailed to what was going on and saw that the figure, which Athena saw was Asajj Ventress, had Rex pinned to the wall and he was being force choked.

"No...Rex..." Athena whispered as she tried to move but still felt herself paralyzed in pain.

"Where is Skywalker?" Ventress asked while smirking, watching the Captain struggling against her invisible grip.

"I don't talk to Separatist scum." He strained out before Ventress' smirk went wide and she dropped him, causing him to cough violently to catch his breath.

"You will contact Skywalker now."

"I will contact Skywalker now. Anakin, come in. We've held the droids, sir. What is your location?" Rex asked nonchalantly. But Ventress' control over Rex was interrupted by an arrow being shot at Ventress which she missed by a few inches.

"STOP!" Ventress turned around to see Shiva changing her makeshift bow and arrow back to it's lightsaber form, ready to attack. Ventress chuckled darkly before she faced the young teen.

"Well, well. What's the little youngling rat doing all the way out here?"

"To stop you obviously." Shiva retorted, glaring dead at Ventress. "Oh, no, young one. You don't have the training or skill to defeat me."

"Wanna bet?" Ventress smirked once more, drawing her lightsabers as well before attacking the girl, thrashing her lightsabers at the girl which Shiva missed by ducking her body to the side and colliding her lightsaber with Ventress'.

Athena found the strength to push herself up from off the ground, groaning loudly as she did, and looked back to make sure Rex was okay.

"Rex..." Athena whispered, but it wasn't any particular whisper. It was the whisper that herself and her other Nightsisters used to communicate. Usually when they were playing games. Luckily, Ventress was too busy to hear it.

Rex lifted his head, hearing his name being called and looked around to see where it came from. His head soon turned and he saw that Athena was looking straight at him and a look of worry was written all over her face.

"I'm fine, General. But the kid needs you." Rex said over his comms as Athena nodded, looking back towards Ventress who had just thrown Shiva to the ground, the Padawan groaning and crying out in pain when she did make contact with the ground.

"Still think you can defeat me?" Ventress said while she approached the girl, her lightsaber blades cut into the concrete. "I'm not afraid of you!"

"Well, you should be.." Ventress mumbled, ready to strike again.

"Ventress!" Ventress stopped in mid air, smirking even wider when she looked up and saw Athena standing in her fighting stance, blades drawing and prepared.

"Ah, my sweet long lost sister. A pleasure to see you again, since the last time I saw you."

"What you did will never happen again. Not while I'm here." Athena said while Ventress, using the Force, threw Shiva into a wall nearby.

"So, you've come to save this little rat?" Ventress said while the two sisters circled each other, both staring at each other with hatred. "That rat is my Padawan. And you will let her go, or this time, you'll be the one left to die."

"We'll see about that, sister."

"You're not my sister." The young Jedi was the first to attack, striking her lightsaber against Ventress', the impact creating a purple glow. Ventress tried swinging her other blade at Athena but she ducked and swung her foot under Ventress' legs, causing her to fall back, but only back flipped onto her feet again.

"You've gotten better, Athena.." Ventress taunted while Athena held her stance, glaring daggers into her. "But I'm better."

"We'll see about that, Ventress."

°

"Captain! Captain! Rex!" Shiva called while shaking the clone. Rex sat up, upon being shaken and met the bright cornflower eyes of his General's Padawan. "Hey, kid.."

"You okay?" She asked while looking back to see her Master and Ventress taking the fight somewhere else. "I'm okay. Where...is everyone?"

"The men are still knocked out and Master Skywalker and Ahsoka should have called in a gunship by now to take them to the cruiser. I heard Master Kenobi is here with the reinforcements." Shiva explained while tossing Rex's arm over her shoulders. "No, kid. You can't...carry-"

"Yes, I can. Now, zip zip. The more you talk, the more your throat will sore." Shiva said while helping him up to his feet. Just when she did, she heard a blaster go off safety and looked from the ground to see a dozen droids with their blasters pointed at the two.

"Wonderful."