"She has a medical excuse; that's how." Mr. Marcus begins pulling up the homework on the smart board.

However, that Parsons guy in the back corner did not end the conversation there. "Does she really? Is it a legitimate medical excuse or is it just a hand written note that looks like one from a doctor so she can wear a piece of clothing?"

As he spoke, some people looked towards me. But, Parsons kept his eyes pinned on me. Every word he spoke was drilled into my head. I've never encountered someone who questioned so much. Most people just say 'okay' after hearing it's a medical excuse, but no. Parsons over there is not taking that for an answer.

"Mr. Parsons. It is in no way a reason I have the right to tell. Ms. Walker gave me a hand-written medical note from Dr. Lambert at Silver Beach Memorial Hospital, stating her situation and the reasoning as to why she is permitted to wear a form of head wear at almost all times. Why she has to, is of no importance to you." Parsons had looked at Mr. Marcus while he spoke, giving him all of his attention.

"Well, if you can't say..." The attention that was on Mr. Marcus was no longer there. Everyone, including Parsons, was now looking at me. "...then she can." I kept a blank face, even though I wasn't sure on how to approach this. No one had ever gone this far before, especially asking why on the first day.

"Parsons, is it?" I looked to him and he nodded. "Well, Parsons, my medical reasoning shouldn't be of any concern to you. I gave a medical note and if the teacher said it was fine, I don't see any reason as to why you would feel the need to continue. I understand wanting to know, but to falsely accuse me of forging a doctor's note just to wear a piece of clothing is crazy. I have had to deal with someone asking why I am allowed to wear a beanie at every school I've been to for the past five years. For almost six years now, I have had to wear a beanie. I'm not just gonna openly say why because it's not something I tend to discuss with random people. So don't think you'll ever get to know why now." I begin to turn around put I stop myself, facing back to the jerk. "And just so you know, I don't care how you fit in here, but keep your mouth shut next time when you want to get in people's business."

Jaws dropped around the floor and a few people around Parsons looked at him. His face was changing through emotions. He looked mad, confused, regretful; I couldn't find just one emotion. But in the whole sea of emotions he had plastered on his face, shock was the most visible. 

I turned around, not caring what people had to say or what faces they made.

"Well..." Mr. Marcus makes his way to his desk, grabbing the answer sheet. He looked slightly uncomfortable but tried to mask it; he didn't do the best job at doing so. "Let's look at this homework, shall we?" Class finally begun and even though Mr. Marcus and some students talked through the period, silence seemed to fill the air.

It felt like an hour before the bell rang, but it was actually only forty minutes, give or take a few. I completed make-up work while the class went over the homework, since I'm behind and have no idea as to what they are doing.

As the bell rang, Mr. Marcus asked me to stay behind for a second. There were still a few kids in the class, including Parsons and some others kid scattered around the room.

"Yes?" I asked while putting my stuff into my bag.

"First of all, I'm sorry for Neil today. He tends to make a scene when there doesn't need to be one." He pauses for just a second to pick up a piece of paper and looks at it. "Second, I noticed that your math grade is pretty bad. I don't want you to fail. So I was suggesting of setting you up with someone to help you out." He gives me a small, genuine smile.

"I've never been good at math; it's my worst subject. I have a hard time remembering what steps to take and I get orders messed up. But I wouldn't mind having a tutor." He nods and looks over to the students as they walk out.