☆☆☆

Jotaro got out of the car, ignoring the constant questions from Holly.

"Look, I forgot something, okay?!" Jotaro yelled in her general direction before walking up to the hospital. He had hid a small box of cherries in his pocket for Kakyoin, and was excited to see if they would help. He had also thought the night before about how he'd recount their journey.

'Wait, does he even still like cherries?' Jotaro pushed the thought to the back of his mind and kept on walking in. He did his best to open the hospital doors, despite the crutches, and hobbled up to the front counter. Holly followed him, clearly confused.

"I would like to visit Kakyoin Noriaki."

"Sorry sir, now may not be the best time. He recently had a panic attack and we're trying to help him recov-"

"I need to see him." Jotaro cut her off, beginning to walk in the direction of the room. She didn't stop him, but seemed concerned as she followed.

Jotaro walked through the somewhat familiar halls, glancing at the name tags constantly. Eventually he got to his room, and carefully opened the door. Holly followed him, trying her best to stay quiet.

"Kakyoin." Jotaro said flatly as he walked into the room. Holly went to follow him in, but got stopped by Jotaro's hand. Kakyoin was curled up in fetal position on the hospital bed, clutching Jotaro's hat as he slept. Jotaro carefully stepped up to him and rested a hand on his head, ruffling his hair slightly. Kakyoin shifted and started to open his eyes, Jotaro quickly moving his hand away. Kakyoin stared up at him, blinking slowly.

"Hi Jotaro..." Kakyoin mumbled as he started to sit up and glance around.

"Hey." Jotaro replied as he took a small step back.

"Wait a second. I never told you my name." He looked at Kakyoin quizzically.

"You didn't?" Kakyoin looked back at him suddenly, feeling his face get hot.

"I think I woulda remembered if I did." Jotaro glared at him unintentionally, making Kakyoin shiver.

"Oh. Sorry." Kakyoin looked down at the hat, squeezing it gently.

"I mean, it's fine I guess." Jotaro grunted as he pulled up a chair.

"I decided I'd tell you some stories to help you remember I guess. Oh, and also I brought in some cherries, but I don't know if you still like them, considering what's happening." He rambled as he made quick eye contact.

"Okay..." Kakyoin looked back at him and smiled slightly, causing Jotaro to get a little red. Kakyoin seemed nervous, but Jotaro didn't think it was a good idea to ask him why. He set the cherries on the bedside table and sat down.

☆☆☆

Jotaro went home that day, happy that he had managed to cheer up Kakyoin. In the car, Holly looked over at him and smiled.

"I'm so glad your friend is alive! Is that the reason you've been so upset recently?" She looked at him, then back at the road.

"Yeah. I- I just missed him I guess." Jotaro looked away, then upon hearing a soft "Ora." From the backseat looked behind himself.

"And I guess Star missed Hierophant or something." He willed away Star Platinum and tried to hold back a smile.

"I didn't see you summon Star Platinum today, why?" Holly asked with a hint of concern in her voice.

"Kakyoin... He doesn't remember me. I think the doctor said it was Hysterical Amnesia or some shit like that. I mean, I guess it makes sense due to him-" Jotaro stopped himself, knowing he would probably cry if he continued. He refused to show weakness around his mom.

"What happened to him?" Holly pressed into, genuinely curious.

"He got a hole punched through him by that bastard DIO." Jotaro clenched his fist and stared out the window.

"Oh. But at least he's alive?" Holly tried to look at the positives.

"But he doesn't fucking remember me, or anything! Not the trip, not the- the..." Jotaro trailed off, feeling his face get red.

"Look honey, I understand you're upset, but Kakyoin will recover! You just have to give him time." Holly smiled reassuringly and rested a hand on his shoulder.

"Okay. Can we visit again tomorrow?" He glanced over at her.

"Of course."

//ohhh boy 1350 words for this chapter! Honestly I'm so eager to write this story that the 5 day long wait I give myself
between each chapter is not fun at all. I celebrate when I can write another chapter for you guys! Also, while writing these recent chapters I researched amnesia, and it's really interesting! I recommend looking a bit into it! Anyway, bye!