Chapter 2

We walked through the doors and I abruptly stopped, star-s truck. The school looked amazing from the inside.

I knew that we're going to give the school a make-over during summer break, but I had never imagined that it would turn out so good.

They had painted almost everything white. It kind of reminds me of High School Musical, also because our school colors are white and red.

I wondered where they got all the money from, but I didn't really care because it looked absolutely amazing.

Everywhere was hanging banners welcoming us, students, back. Go school spirit!

"Hannah are you coming or what?" Ciera shouted a couple meters away from me.

I realized that I was blocking the way for other students. So I hastily went to my friends that were waiting for me.

"Sorry, I got carried away." I said while I joined my friends.

"No problemo, now let's go," Caleb said while trying to navigate through the hordes of students.

When we finally got to the auditorium, almost all of the places were taken and there were not enough places enough next to each other so our group split up.

Somehow I ended up in the back sitting alone from all my friends. I didn't mind that much, because I really got to listen to what the director had to say.

Somebody tapped on the microphone and everybody got silent. On the stage was a row of seats where the teachers were sitting.

The person standing there looked nothing like our headmaster.

"Hello students, welcome back to your beloved school. I'm Nicole Smit and I'm your new headmaster," the woman said with a small serious smile.

Immediately the whole student body started talking.

"What happened to our old headmaster?" somebody yelled. A lot of people nodded their head, wanting to know the same thing.

"Your old headmaster retired and that is all I wish to say about it. Now quiet!" Miss Smit said, her smile gone.

I looked to where Daniel was sitting. He looked at me too and mouthed what the hell to me.

 I mouthed back to him I don't know either.

I centered my concentration back to the podium and listened to what Miss Smit had to say. "I know that I'm new here, but I will do my best to make sure that everybody feels at home at this school. As you all could see when you walked in here is that the school looks a lot better now. We have new equipment for most of the after school activities. There is a new sport field for the football team, a new run track around that for the run team and separated is a field hockey field. You might be wondering how we were able to pay for all of this and it was all possible because of one person that wants to stay anonymous. That's all." She stepped back from the microphone and went to her seat.

While miss Smit seated her self, my favorite teacher got up and walked towards the microphone.

"As Miss Smit just said she is the new headmaster, but not much has changed." Mr. Brown said through the microphone. "Because this is your first day, we made it a short one. You can go to the administration to collect your schedule. If you want to sign up for an after school activity you can do that there too. Have a good school year."

Everybody started talking again and got up.

I waited beside one of the exits on my friends. As I waited I saw a lot of people look at me with curiosity.