𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚

𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙩'𝙨 𝙥𝙤𝙫

"what-what are you talking about? jaden, it's me, violet" i said.

the doctor came into the room, seeing jaden awake. griffin followed him in, stopping when he saw jaden as well.

"hello mr. hossler" he said, picking up his chart, flipping through it. "do you recognize anyone in this room?"

"i-i'm sorry i don't remember you o-or any of you" jaden said, looking at everyone in the room. "why am i here?"

"may i speak to you all in the hallway" the doctor asked, motioning to the four of us.

"it seems that jaden is suffering from amnesia. the part of his brain that the hemorrhage occurred in was the hippocampus, which controls his memory, there was always this possibility of temporary memory loss" the doctor said., turning towards the door. "we have to run some tests, but the amnesia should disappear on its own"

the doctor went back into jaden's room, leaving the rest of us outside. everyone looked over at me, waiting for my reaction.

"are you okay?" avani asked me, putting her arms around me.

"y-yeah" i said, after taking a deep breath.

"are you sure?" griffin asked.

"no i'm fine" i said, turning towards everyone. "he's awake and okay, sure he doesn't remember me or his name but we can work on that, he's alive"

~

after the tested jaden's memory, the determined that his memory would return with time, he is understanding and remembering basic things like his name, speaking and writing, but remembering who people are and memories with those people could return at any moment. the hospital discharged him to try and help him be around places and people that could jog his memory.

the entire ride home jaden was busy looking out the window, seeing the world around him for the first time again. he had such a hopeful look in his eyes, such a child like wonder. he looked at the house he has lived in for about a year now, fascinated at the size of the giant house as we pulled up.

"i live here?" he asked, turning in his seat to face me.

"yeah, you've lived here for a while" i responded.

he bolted out of the car as soon as it was parked, causing me to follow him to unlock the door. griffin, avani, and anthony weren't far behind us.

i opened the door and jaden's eye as he stepped in, me closing the door after i walked in.

"this place is huge!" he exclaimed, going off to explore the house.

we walked downstairs, jaden opening every door he saw to see what was behind it.

"which one's my room?" he asked before opening another door, which turned out to be a closet.

"uhh well you used to share a room with josh but..." i said, sitting down on the couch.

"but what?" he asked following my action and sitting next to me.

"um i'm not sure if you were gonna move rooms, we never talked about it" i said, trailing off.

i had hoped that when jaden came home he would just stay in my room with me, but then again i had planned for him to also know who i was.

"why would i move rooms?" he asked, a puzzled look covering his face. "is it something i don't remember?"