Chapter Four

“My name is Kagome Higurashi.....” Kagome paused after a couple seconds of silence as they walked, she knew she hadn’t given him her name, and it was a good way to start a conversation to get out of the awkward silence that was around the two now. 

“Toshinori Yagi.” He gave the woman a small smile as he lead her down the streets, his eyes shining as he spoke to the woman beside him, “You can call me Toshinori if you would like.” 

Kagome gave a small nod, her lips twitching up in a smile, “Kagome is fine with me as well, Toshinori.” Kagome didn’t see the flash of triumph in the mans eyes as he lead in into a small building that looked like a bar. 

“It may not look like much...” Toshinori told Kagome who gave the bar a glance over, unease on her face, “It is a good place to eat and good company here and there when the riff-raff isn’t here.” 

Kagome gave a small nod as he led in into the bar, her eyes adjusting to the light room. Her eyes zoned in on two figures sitting at the bar, one male with dark hair and scares that looked to be badly healed burns. The other was a girl with blond hair and a smile as she swung her legs back and forth as she spun herself in circles on the bar stool. She stopped when she noticed the two figures in the doorway.

“Dabi...Himiko...” The two were watching Kagome with interest. 

Dabi furrowed his eyebrows at the two, while Toshi wasn’t an uncommon sight, the small woman that stood next to him was. His eyes narrowed as he took in the way the elder man hovered by her, his hand on the small of her back.

While he could admit she was pretty, it surprised him to see someone unknown in their establishment let alone brought here by Toshi himself. Few people even knew how to find this place and even fewer were allowed in the back room...

“Who’s the chick?” His voice was layered with boredom as he sat in a booth, arms tossed over the back of the seat, his feet resting on the seat across from him. 

Toshinori narrowed his eyes at the youth, the orbs glowing crystal blue in warning, a smile forced on his face as Kagome chewed her lip, a habit he would break her of, her gaze at the ground. “This is miss Higurashi. We’re here for some ramen.” His voice was friendly as he gave a sheepish grin.

Dabi’s eyes narrowed at the act, picking up on the sublet hints. This woman was not a villain and no doubt had any idea where she was or who she was with. Mentally sighing he stood from the booth, his shoulder slumped. He knew if he didnt go whip up some food Toshi would be irate and he really didn't want to have to deal with that. 

They were already dealing with a pissed off Tomaru due to the blonde man before him blowing off their meeting. Though as his eyes once again wandered Ms. Higurashi’s form he could see why he had blown off the other man and his master. Ignoring the murderous glare he entered the kitchen, waving a hand behind him lazily as he did so. “Two bowls of ramen coming up.”

Himiko blinked as she sat up, a deranged smile on her face as she leaned over the counter to yell at Dabi’s retreating from. “Oh, I want some to!!!” She laughed as she heard Dabi let out a curse in response.

Turning to face the two she eagerly patted the bar stool next to her, glee filling her. “Come on sit by me!!” She preened as the woman flashed her a shy smile and let Toshi lead her to the bar.  The young woman had barely pulled herself into her seat before she leaned over, her face mere inches from her’s.

“Are you Toshi’s giiiiirrrrlllllfriend?” Her school girl giggles were borderline cackling as a bright red flush dusted her cheeks, her hands coming up to wave in front of her in denial.

Kagome Higurashi could only flush red, her face burning at the young girl's innocent question. Oh lord, she should have just gone home but noooo she had to agree to dinner with the man that sat behind here at the bar.

“E-er no, we just met today...” She coughed into her hand trying to compose herself, she would eat the food and then head on home to die of embarrassment.

Himiko could only blink, her head tilting to the side. “So? I mean if it's meant to be it's meant to be screw how long you’ve known each other!!” A small crazed light entered her eye making Kagome stiffen as the young girl squirmed in her seat.

Toshinori could only grit his teeth, of course Himiko would be here, the high school dropout would no doubt latch onto Kagome. It was a byproduct of all her mental issues and while he was in no position to judge, he just wished the girl had a filter or at least knew how to read social cues.

“Himiko, please stop, you’re embarrassing my guest.” His voice while polite and semi sheepish sounding held a hidden warning in it that read loud and clear to the young girl. Deflating she could only grumble but nod, not wanting to upset one of the only adults she admired and respected. If he became angry with her it would crush her!

“Ah, please forgive me Ms. Higurashi.” Kagome could only frown as the once excited and bubbly girl seemed to withdraw into herself. Damn her and her soft spot for kids, while the teenager wasn’t a kid she was younger then her own age and thus in her mind classified as a kid.

“Hey, don’t worry about it.” Her smile was genuine as she placed her hand on the teenagers, her smile shifting into a grin as she leaned forward as if to whisper a great secret to her. “Please do call me Kagome, Ms. Higurashi makes me sound and feel old.” They shared a laugh as Himiko nodded, instealy liking the other female.

Toshinori could only smile as the two fell into pilot conversation, he was loath to admit it but he had secretly feared Kagome would be scared away yet she had merely rolled with the punches and extended her hand in friendship. She was far too trusting, he would have to keep his eye on her, at least until he could whisk her away permanently.

Feeling a heated gaze bore into the side of his face he turned to face warping dude his joyful mood souring. While the other man was incapable of facial expressions his glowing eyes more than made up for it. He was no doubt upset that he had flaked on the meeting that was to have taken place earlier in the day.

The man was often the one who had to deal with Tomaru’s tantrums as well as the tongue lashings from Shiragaki, while the normally poised and soft talking man treated his underlings with respect and a warped sense of caring his tongue could and would cut deeply when he was upset.

Leveling him with a gaze that was just as expensive he dared the other man to say something, if he did then he would make him regret it. Kagome had yet to see any hints of his true self and he would not have her scared away. He had to take things slowly with her, build up their friendship and slowly introduce her into his world which would, given time, become her world as well.

This he vowed.