Chapter 1: The Street Queen | Elsa

"How 'bout that race tonight ay?" said Kendoce, a tall, pale fellow with a very detailed afro, "Who are you bettin' on?" 

   "Honestly I dunno.. Max's car is kinda fast.. maybe he'll absolutely SMOKE Elsa.. or maybe not." says Kendall, who was a little shorter than Kendoce with light skin and glasses. 

   "You guys realize I'm standing RIGHT HERE... right?" I say, annoyed at their gossip. "The least you could do is talk about it behind my back."

   "Ok, ok Elsa, do YOU think you're gonna win?" Kendoce asks smugly.

   "Is that even a question? Who do you think would win: a snail or a cheetah?" I ask cockily. 

   "I guess we'll see who the snail is tonight then." Kendall says before walking off hand in hand with Kendoce.

   What do I have to fear? It's just Max. I should easily beat him. The school day is over before I know it, and soon I'm driving my Honda back home. Once I get there I don't park it in my driveway, because that's where my prize is. I know I'll have to use it later. I go to my kitchen to get something to eat. Cereal will do for now. I check my watch. 6:34. The race is in 30 minutes. I start prepping myself. I go to my bedroom and put on my racing clothes. Black leather jacket, black jeans, black gloves, but they are cut off at the middle knuckle, and finally, my racing shoes. Now, it's time to prep my ride. I open my garage to see a truly beautiful sight. I stare in awe at my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T. It's painted glossy black with 2 slim icy blue striped running down the middle. Supercharged with a centrifugal turbocharger, it makes for an absolute street demon. I approach the beast cautiously, as if at any moment it would lunge out at me, but it doesn't. Although it would be out of the ordinary if it did, because.. just look at it. I made sure the gas tank was full and the nitro tanks as well. Once I was done, I checked my watch again. 6:52. 8 minutes to get to the track.

   I grab my keys and say to myself, "It's go time." I drive my Charger out onto the road and rev it a few times. It sounds like heaven as a car. I rev it once more, and then start driving to the race location to meet my opponent.