Chapter Twenty Eight

Making up

"I was an idiot."

Elizabeth looked up. Edmond was standing above her, looking apologetic.

"What's new?" She asked. Edmond sighed.

"I'm sorry, Elizabeth. I was hypocritical and selfish. You can make your own choices, and it's not my place to judge or punish you. Will you please forgive me?"

Elizabeth rolled her eyes and smiled.

"As long as you stop eating Lily's face in public. It makes me uncomfortable."

Edmond smiled with relief.

"Deal."

Elizabeth stood up and hugged him tightly.

"Glad to have you back." She said.

They were interrupted by a couple storming into the library, voices raised.

"You know what, Samuel? I'm done with this. You don't get to treat me like this. We're over. For good." Isabel Jackson shouted. Madame Pince ran over, looking furious, but Isabel just smiled.

"Sorry, Madame Pince. It won't happen again. Ever again." She glared at Samuel Davies, who scowled.

"I'll be leaving now, thank you very much. Don't bother to catch up." He said, leaving the library in a huff. Isabel looked around the library, spotting Elizabeth and Edmond. She made her way over to them, smiling widely.

"You guys are Henry's siblings, right?" She asked. Elizabeth nodded.

"I'm Elizabeth, and this is Edmond."

"I'm Isabel. It's nice to meet you. Henry always talks so highly of you guys."

"Well the same goes for you. Henry's mentioned you quite a few times." Edmond said. Elizabeth stepped on his foot under the table.

"He's a dear. Sorry about the noise, by the way. Sometimes things just happen, and the timing and place aren't the most convenient. It was time for Samuel to let go, anyway. He was always a bit too clingy."

"Do you do this often? Play with boys' emotions, then dump them in public places?" Edmond asked a bit aggressively. Elizabeth glared at him.

"Edmond!"

"No, it's fine. You're worried about your brother, I assume. I don't usually, but Samuel was just despicable to me. He would try to make me feel inadequate so I wouldn't leave him. Obviously, I know my worth, so I messed him up a little and let him go. I wasn't going to let him treat me badly. You don't have to worry about Henry, though. I'm not going to do anything bad to him. It's not like I have the chance, anyway." She said. Elizabeth sensed the bitterness in her tone.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, he's obviously not interested, and I'm not going to make him date me or something like that. It's fine though."

"Are you kidding? He's way into you." Edmond said. "I thought the whole school knew."

"Are you messing with me?" Isabel asked, leaning forward. Elizabeth shook her head.

"No, he's liked you for a while now. I honestly thought you knew."

"I had no idea." Isabel said, her mood lifting

"Well, Edmond and I have somewhere to be. It was lovely talking to you. Good luck with everything!" She said, dragging Edmond out of the library.

"Elizabeth, what did you do?"

Elizabeth looked up as Henry came towards her. she put down her fork and folded her arms.

"What do you mean?"

"I saw you and Edmond talking to Isabel, and then she got super flustered and wouldn't talk to me! What did you say to her?"

"Me? I didn't say much. Edmond did most of the talking."

"What did Edmond say?"

"Well, Isabel was talking about how she didn't stand a chance with you, because you didn't like her, and Edmond told her that you did like her."

"She said that? Why?"

"I would assume because she likes you."

"Oh." Henry sat down, seemingly confused. "But she's still dating Davies."

"No, they broke up yesterday. Seems like he was pretty bad to her, too. She probably needs someone to make her feel better, don't you think?" Elizabeth asked. Henry looked up.

"Do you mean me?"

"Yes, you idiot. Go talk to her."

"Yeah, maybe I will."

"Okay, go." Elizabeth chuckled, pushing him off the bench. Henry made his way out of the Great Hall in a bit of a daze.

"Look at you, setting your siblings up. Who's next?" James asked, sitting next to her and kissing her cheek.

"Anne and Regulus, obviously. That one's going to take a while, because I'm still trying to get Regulus out of his mother's grasp."

"Or, that could allow them more time together." James suggested, shooting a pea at Sirius from across the hall.

"I like the way you think." Elizabeth grinned. "Also, the new Jaws movie is coming out in a month or so and I want to watch it with you."

"I've never seen Jaws." James admitted.

"Why not?"

"Mum doesn't like shark movies, and I guess I never got around to watching it without her."

"Well now I know what our next Hogsmeade trip is going to be."

"There isn't a way to watch it in Hogsmeade." James frowned.

"But there aren't apparation boundaries in Hogsmeade either."

"Are you, Elizabeth Thompson, suggesting that we break school rules?" James asked, a large grin on his face. Elizabeth shrugged.

"Some things are more important than school rules."

"I think we've been a bad influence on you." James said. Elizabeth smiled.

"Oh well. What's done is done. Can we watch the movie, though?"