Chapter 15: Close Call

Beginne am Anfang

"Easy there sugar, everything is fine." You signaled for her to take a deep breath. "Turns out they aren't complete idiots and were looking into the same thing I was. Luckily, we found something and that's where we are heading to soon"

"Okay, where exactly are we heading to now?"

"Well we have to go to a hidden cave. Not far from the village we helped a while back. There, we will hopefully find a weapon that consists of all four holy weapons." You explained.

"Hold on Y/n, we're supposed to be helping Naofumi out. What does this weapon have to do with him and the three heroes church?"

"Well Sistine" you rubbed your neck, "learned quite a bit in the church last night. And if everything I've read is true," you paused before telling everything.

"The fate of the four cardinal heroes and this country rests on us getting to that weapon before anyone else does"

Time Skip

The village you helped out before had returned to normal lives, for the most part. Masao was very relieved that his people could once again live in peace, unless the wave was near them. Masao was currently walking around, checking on everyone.

"Chief! Afternoon!" Someone greeted him.

"Good afternoon. Everything going well?" He smiled to his villager.

"Yes, very much so!" The villager replied.

"Wonderful, if you need anything, just come find me" he nodded and then began his walk again. However, that was stopped when a bright light emitted in front of him. He covered his eyes quickly.

"Damn, this makes everything so much easier now" a familiar voice spoke.

"Wait.... I know that voice" Masao thought. He quickly uncovered his eyes and saw the Gunslinger that helped him and his village out before. This time he was dressed a bit differently, but it was him.

"Y/n! So good to see you!" Masao greeted with a smile. "Sistine and Toothless, good to see you two as well." He bowed to you all.

"Howdy there partner, glad to see you too" You tipped your hat.

"Masao, I'm glad to see you as well" Sistine smiled.

Toothless smiled and walked over to Masao and licked him. This caused the village leader to laugh

"Easy boah, don't drown him with your spit" you sighed.

"It's okay!" Masao reassured while petting the dragon. "I haven't had a greeting like that before to be quite honest"

"If you say so amigo. Hate to barge in you like this, but this is the quickest way to where we need to go Masao"

"You're always welcomed here Y/n. You did so much and I feel like I couldn't never repay you for what you've done for me and my family." He bowed to you once more.

"Please Masao, no need for the honorary gesture. I'm no man that needs to be honored. I'd love to stay a bit longer, but we need to head on out quickly." You explained. You then gestured for Sistine and Toothless to follow you.

"May I ask where you are heading?" Masao used his shirt to dry him off from the salvia.

"Wish I could tell you, but that's not something I really need to say to just anyone." You turned your head to the aside and looked at Masao.

"Hmm, could it be about the holy forged weapon?" He questioned you. This made you stop in your tracks.

"How do you know?"