II.8

A crow flew above Yuna as she limped along the empty road. Her right ankle was swollen and she didn't bother to clean her wounds. She left as soon as she buried that girl's body and offered her a prayer. She just wanted to go home, eat, and sleep.

She hasn't eaten any rice for days. It would be nice if her cousin could cook for her. His cookings are the best after all.

When Sanemi's house was in sight, Yuna sighed.

Maybe she should've treated herself first. She doesn't want to listen to her master's scolds for not being careful and blablabla.

Well at least her cousin doesn't know her condition. His scolds are three times worse than her master's.

Yeah, whatever, she's too tired for everything now.

It was still dawn when Yuna stepped into the gate to Sanemi's house. She should call out for Sanemi but she really doesn't have the strength to do so. She alread used it all up for walking all the way there.

She stood still on her spot, eyes staring tiredly at the young man in front of her.

Ah, I thought I don't want to see him now because I'm too exhausted for his bullshits...

"Hey..." Yuna trailed off, smiling weakly.

But I wonder why I'm so happy to see him...

"Shinazugawa-san..."

And with that, her vision darkened.

•••

Sanemi was pacing around the room. Half of him was screaming at himself to stay still since he's still depressed because of his friend's death. But another half of him was restless because it's dawn and his disciple hasn't returned.

A young man with dark brown hair stared at him weirdly.

"Want some tea?" He asked and Sanemi turned to him.

"... I thought this is my house?" Sanemi squinted his eyes at him.

"Well you can't seem to calm yourself down." He replied.

"Tch. There should be some tea leaves in the kitchen. Your cousin is the one who put it there so I don't know the exact place."

Hiroto stood up and walked into the kitchen. A few minutes later, he walked out with a tray on hand and Sanemi was still pacing around the room.

Hiroto kept staring at Sanemi with raised eyebrows as he set down the tray.

Shouldn't I be the one who's more worried? Hiroto asked inside his head.

"I didn't think you would be this worried for Yuna." Hiroto said.

"Who the fuck said I'm worried?" Sanemi hissed.

"Is it because of Kanae-san?" Hiroto saw Sanemi froze at his question.

"So it is because of her... Well... It was quite a shock, knowing that she's a Pillar... And the same thing could've happened to Yuna, right?"

Hiroto poured some tea to a cup and placed it on the floors.

"Calm yourself down. She won't die." Hiroto said.

"Why aren't you looking worried? I thought you were a worrywart." Sanemi asked, sitting down across Hiroto.

"I'm not like that so I'm sorry to crush your expectation of me." Hiroto frowned. "Besides, what part of me gives off the vibe that I'm such a worrywart? We haven't even known each other for long."