II.3

"What is your name?"

"Tsuyuri Kanao."

"... How old are you?"

"Turning ten this year."

"... So you're the one answering for her?"

"Yes." Kanzaki Aoi nodded at Yuna, who was sitting across from her. Aoi was sitting beside a young girl named Tsuyuri Kanao, a former slave who was brought home by the Kochou sisters a few months ago. "She never speaks after all."

"My name is Kisaragi Yuna." Yuna said to Kanao while pointing to herself. Kanao simply stared at her, clueless. "Kanae-san really likes butterfly hairpins, doesn't she? Kanao looks so cute with that hairpin."

Aoi nodded, chuckling a bit.

"You're right. By the way, Yuna-san..." Aoi trailed off, eyes looking at Yuna with worry. Yuna looked back at her, tilting her head.

"Are you sure you don't have to head back soon? The Wind Pillar is waiting for you, right?"

"Oh... I'll just make up some excuses later."

"... Are you sure he's not going to double your training?"

Yuna scratched her neck. Both of her arms were wrapped with bandages and there were some cuts on her cheeks.

"You're right." Yuna sighed.

"Um... Yuna-san, you got beaten up quite a lot before you met Shinazugawa-san, right?" Aoi asked, clearly aware of Yuna's past. "Doesn't getting beaten up by Shinazugawa-san reminds you of those times?"

"Ah, um, you don't have to answer that! I'm sorry, I must've hit a sensitive topic!" Aoi flailed her arms around and bowed at Yuna, earning a confused look from Kanao.

"It's fine, the past is the past. I don't think about it anymore." Yuna comforted Aoi, patting her shoulder. She smiled at her. "I'm so touched, knowing that someone is worried for me."

"It's true that he's as violent as those who beat me up, but I never thought of him like them." Yuna said.

"I know he's doing it for my sake so it doesn't really bother me. In fact, I enjoy getting beaten by him."

"... Um, I'm concerned so please don't enjoy it..." Aoi muttered and Yuna kept smiling.

"Well then, I guess I should go back now." Yuna stood up.

"Bye-bye, Kanao." She waved at the younger girl, who still didn't reply to her.

Yuna said her goodbye to Aoi before leaving the estate. She walked back to her master's house.

"I'm back."

"Got your wounds treated yet?" Yuna could hear Sanemi's voice from inside while she's taking off her footwear.

"Yes."

Yuna walked into the main room and she saw Sanemi chewing on a piece of ohagi, which she made earlier in the morning. She stared at him, which made him raise his brows.

"What?" He asked, plopping another ohagi into his mouth.

"You know, seeing how often you eat ohagi..." Yuna trailed off. She caught a familiar crow flying past the window so she turned her head to the window.

Sanemi hummed, telling her to go on with her sentence.

"You have to watch your sugar intake." Yuna said, looking back at him. Sanemi gave her a look of disbelief.

"Did you just say that to me?" He asked.

"I guess you wouldn't care..." Yuna muttered. "I'll be the one who look after your sugar intake then."