Again. Sounds like a major serial killer attempt. I cringed on realization.

"I had to look for a way to get us alone. Skye, we have to talk." I told her, my tone pleading. She rolled her eyes at me.

"You know, you could have just told me you wanted to speak to me, instead of dragging me here like your lap dog." She snapped at me and I groaned.

"Haven't I tried that? I keep messaging you, asking you to speak to me and you keep ignoring. This was my final choice, Skye." I replied and she looked away, folding her hands across her chest. I ran my tongue over my suddenly dry lips and respired.

"I'm sorry for dragging you here. I had no choice. I just need to know what I did wrong. You haven't spoken to me for more than a month now and it's killing me." I told her and she scoffed.

"You see, that's your problem. That's what you are always doing wrong. You hurt someone and you don't always know, at least not until you break the person's leg." She muttered the last part but I heard anyway and felt a pang in my heart.

Of course she won't forget.

"You are using what I did to Jamal against me." I stated and she sighed.

"I am not..." She started but I cut her off.

"Yes, you are, Skye. I know I've done a lot of shit in the past and recently but I'm trying to make amends here. I already feel shitty as it is that I won't be able to get my friends back the same way. You bringing up what happened last year is not fair considering the fact that I'm trying to change."

I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes but I blinked it back. I saw Skye's expression switch from anger to remorse. I was truly pained by that statement but I knew I deserve every backlash she might want to rain on me, but it felt so much painful coming from her than anyone else.

"I didn't mean it that way, Mateo. It came out wrong." She whispered, looking away from me.

"I'm not a mind reader, Skye. I wouldn't know what I did wrong except you tell me. That's why I'm going through all of these to make amends, because you are the one person that didn't stay away from me and I don't want to chase you away. So please tell me what I did wrong. Is it Tolani? I'll stay away from her, if that's what will get you talking to me. What happened that day was a mistake. I should never have let it happen and I'm sorry." I pleaded, desperation evident in my voice and it surprised me.

I've never been one to care about others feelings but being with Skye most times these days has thought me a lot of things. Even when I didn't care, even when I was very selfish, she still cared about me, about my wellbeing, about my mental state and it shook me to the core.

Someone was cracking my walls for the first time in years and I was letting her.

"It's a very complicated situation, Mateo." She finally spoke and I looked at her. Her forehead was creased and she looked frustrated as well. Her emerald eyes didn't hold it's usual vibrancy and sparkle and it scared me that I must have done something bad. I moved closer to her and she looked at me, her lips trembling as if she wanted to cry.

"Is it something I did? Let me fix it. I'll fix it,  I promise." I told her. She looked at me for a while.

"I doubt you can do anything about this one, Mateo." She said and I got a bit confused.

Just as I was about to ask her, the turning of the lock clicked and the door came flying open, revealing a very angry Jamal. Before I could ask any questions, his fist connected to my jaw and I felt myself flying to the other side of the room and hitting the floor pretty hard.