"She does not have lots of strong magic" moonbeam growled but was ignored.

"Especially when ya got me around being better than the rest of us. [laughter] Eh, I mean, yeah, uh, magic shmagic. Boo!"  Rainbow dash swooped around.

"Well, well, well, it seems we have some neighsayers in the audience. Who is so ignorant as to challenge the magical ability of the Great and Powerful Trixie? Do they not know that they're in the presence of the most magical unicorn in all of Equestria?" The blue pony sneered and moonbeam blow steam from her nose.

Moony really wanted so much to put this filly in her place but that my require too much magical energy.

"Just who does she think she is?" Rarity growled.

"Yeah! Since we all know that Twilight here is—" spike started to claim but twilight shoved a hoof in hos mouth

"Spike! Shhh!"  She hissed

"What? What's wrong?" Moonbeam asked

"You see the way they reacted to Trixie? I don't want anyone thinking I'm a show-off." Twilight explained quietly.

"But they know your not a show off" moonbeam tried to cheer her up.

But even with trixie humiliating their friends and really upseting Rarity twilight refused to bugde.

That's when rainbow asked her "why won't you have a go moonbeam"

"I can't, princess orders" she snapped "and besides I don't need to prove anything"

" Hah! You think you're better than the Great and Powerful Trixie? You think you have more magical talent? Well, come on, show Trixie what you've got. Show us all." Trixie was getting in twilights face. Moony couldn't help the lightening that zapped her.

"Ah!" She yelped but twilight didn't see it and trixie didn't see who created the lightening.

Twilight was too busy backing away and hiding her face from the crowd.

"Who, me? I'm just your run-of-the-mill citizen of Ponyville. No powerful magic here. I, uh... I think I hear my laundry calling. Sorry, gotta go." Twilight turned and ran. Moonbeam could tell she was upset.

"Grr, thats it!" Moonbeam was about to take up trixies challenge but applejack shoved her hoof in moonbeams mouth.

"Hey now, didn't you just say it was the princesses orders not to use magic"  rarity asked and moony sighed "I know, i know but she made twilight upset"

"Why was twilight so upset anyway"

"She doesn't want to beat trixie into the ground because she doesn't want to be seen as a show off, look guys I've gotta go" moonbeam turned and trotted away before they could ask what she ment.

Spike ran after her and she picked him up and walked away with him on her back. Since they were in town anyway the two decided to run some errands.

They talked about twiligths performance anxiety and out rageous ideas to fix it. They picked up more quills and more ink, they brought some more veggies and fruits and last but not least they went to sugarcube corner to get some cake to cheer twilight up.

On the way back they saw snips and snails again

"What are you two doin'?" Spike asked

"Just bringin' the Gee an' Pee Tee a—" snips replied only to be stopped by moonbeam

"The what?" She asked

"The Great and Powerful Trixie." Snail answered as if the answer qmwas obvious