I raised my eyebrows in mock disgust.

'Check you out ko, check you in ni. How did I even become close to you in the first place? I need a replacement for you.'

He stuck his tongue out.

'It was because of rubics cube, remember? We were in JSS2 then and you needed someone to teach you. Your boo was a no go area then.'

He tilted his head towards Uthman who has still not said a word since we got here.

'But Uthman, wait oo, are you on a silent mode tonight or what?'

Dan voiced out my opinion and Uthman only shrugged.

'I'm still trying to gather my thoughts.'

He said and he dared a glance at me. I smiled at him. We were lost in the euphoria of that moment until we heard the click sound of a camera. We both turned towards the direction and it was Akin. He was staring intently at his phone.

'Wow. Perfect picture. You guys should get an oscar for having the perfect chemistry.'

I smiled and reached for his phone. The picture was indeed perfect. I traced my hands over Uthman's face.

'See fine boy. O for, abi?'

That was Uthman and I looked up at him with my eyebrows raised.

'Forlake ni.'

Hana made a tsk tsk sound and we turned to look at her.

'One minute you guys were acting lovey dovey and the next minute, you're on each other's throat. Couple goals indeed.'

The MC voice announcing the dance drama stopped me from replying. The dance drama soon started and it was a imitation of Broda Sogi's dance. Those were the set of people that gave rise to dance drama in Nigeria. I still remember their very successful dance drama then, Oti gan pa or something like that.

'You guys should look at the camera and say cheese.'

That was Dan and we all refocused our attention on him and his phone. One picture turned into two, into three, into four until God knows the numbers of pictures we've snapped.

'And the next program is the presentation of awards. Give it up for Aanuoluwapo as she climbs the stage to present the awards.'

Ehn ehn. This is the highlight of the evening. I sat up straight but not before stealing Uthman's chicken from his plate. He turned to look at him and he moved closer to me.

'I'm getting it back from you. In tenfold. Just wait for it.'

I stucked out my tongue at me. Oniranu omode.

The hall erupted into loud applauses and Dan who was sitting beside me nudged me with his elbow.

'That's yours. Most popular girl.'

Oh God. See me, almost missing my highlight because of Uthman. I glared at him before standing up with a smile plastered on my face.

Minutes later, we were almost done with the awards category. Hana won the prettiest, Uthman won the most popular boy, Ayisha won the singer of the year, Akin won best Artist, Dan won most outgoing male and Hana won the female category. Uthman and I won the brains of the year for male and female respectively.

I did not even know there was a category like that.

'And we have just two categories left. The most popular couple and the best couple. I guess we all have an inkling on what couple are going to win the popular couple.'