Her father loved to write, she read some of his works and she was able to memorize his writing style. She had to admit that it was beautiful, and it always attracted her attention, she never really knew anyone else who can write just as good as her father did.

If this was her father's handwriting in the message, then what Luis said was actually true, this was a message from her father!

Worry grasped her heart, what could've possibly happened to her father? If it took a Marleyan Officer (Who was also a good friend) to send her a message, then it must've been really bad.

Finally, she began reading the letter that was written for her:

Annie Leonhart, my dear daughter,

If you are reading this letter right now, then God has truly answered my prayers. I wish that this message would've been a message of encouragement and hope, but I'm afraid it is not my dear.

If that letter has reached you right now, then I would've been sent to paradise by now.

Annie knew better than anyone that when someone is "sent to paradise", that means that they would've been turned into Titans.

She felt her heart drop and her eyes widen in shock and disbelief, this mere sentence made Annie feel lightheaded.

Her father......

There was a conspiracy that spread around Marley like a wildfire. I, along so many people, have been wrongly accused of aiding a so-called "uprising" against the government, I wasn't given a chance to plead for my innocence, and they refused to listen to Luis, a Marleyan Officer!

Armin saw Annie's face become even more pale by the second as she continued reading the letter and he felt utmost sympathy for her.

She was forced by a corrupted government to do their own bidding, and by a father who realized his mistakes too late, at least that was what Armin understood. Annie was just as much of a victim as they were, she didn't have a choice in any of the things she did.

She was like a puppet with strings.

Annie....I just wanted you to know one last thing....I was wrong, I was so very wrong to force you to join the warrior program. I was a selfish bastard, and I've been nothing but a horrible father towards you! Instead of being a figure of support for you, I've forced you to endure harsh training for my own benefit only.

If only I realized that you were my daughter sooner, you would've not been forced to carry this burden on your shoulders.

Annie...My dear daughter....I know that it was too late to ask you for forgiveness, and it still is! And I don't even have the right to ask you for such a thing, after everything I've put you through...

But Annie....I want to ask of you something,

Live for yourself!

Don't let others take control over you anymore, you're not a puppet! Don't let anyone do the same mistakes I did against you!

Even when the entire world hates you, I will always love you! Even when I'm a mindless beast, I promise that I will always think about you!

Nothing will ever change the fact that you are my daughter, that I am certain of!

Annie....My biggest regret is that I wasn't a good father to you....I wish that I would've realized this sooner, maybe you would've lived with me in peace in my farm, away from all the cruelties of the world.....

But nothing can be changed now, I can't take back the sins that I committed.

Please Annie....Just do one last thing for me.

Stay safe...Stay strong.

Find people who will accept you, who will love you for what you are, to give you the love that I never gave you.

Seek forgiveness, seek redemption!

I love you Annie....I'll always love you no matter what becomes of you.

Please my daughter, never forget that.

-Your father.

Her entire world suddenly became hazy as Annie finished reading that letter.

Her heart was violently beating out of her chest, and she didn't even realize that tears were rolling down her cheeks like a river stream.

Armin saw all of the pain that was displayed on Annie's face, and he himself felt his heart twist with sympathy.

To him, she didn't deserve any of this.

Annie didn't realize that her legs became like jelly, she couldn't hold her own weight anymore.

She began to stumble backwards, and Armin widened his eyes in sudden realization.

Annie was falling.

"Annie!". He exclaimed as he reached out to her.

That was the last thing that Annie heard before she blacked out, but that didn't matter to her.

Everything that she did, everything that she sacrificed, all of the blood, sweat and tears that she made....all of the people that she killed...it was all in vain.

Because her father now was gone.

Her father was gone.

(End of the First Arc)