File 1: The First Introductions

[Date: August 15, 2020]

[Weather: warm but not too warm]

|Drink of the Day: Coffee, not iced|

{Cases: 0}

- P. JS
.......

Donghyuck huffed as he elbowed the revolving door to push it around. He shifted the cardboard box in his hands as his fingers started to cramp. He cursed under his breath.

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit." Donghyuck mumbled as his new dress shoes clicked against the pristine tile flooring of the West Building of the Incheon Police Hub. The click of his shoes echoed around the wide-open lobby almost as if to draw attention to him, calling him out for his mistake.

You see, Lee Donghyuck was late for his first day of work.

No use dwelling on it now Donghyuck grumbled internally as he caught several other officers and detectives giving him weird looks. Although it was close to mid-morning, there were only little clusters of teams scattered around. Most still holding their morning cups of coffee.

Donghyuck hadn't had his morning cup of coffee.

No matter.

He balanced the box in his hands on his knee as he pressed the button for the elevator. To his absolute joy no one was in the elevator and, before anyone else could get on, Donghyuck threw his box of stuff on the elevator floor before repeatedly pressing the button to close the doors.

He fished his key from the issued lanyard around his neck and twisted it into the lock placed right below the slot labeled 'B' for the basement. It jammed, and after a couple more twists, the elevator rumbled and began to descend. 

The hub was being careful and Donghyuck didn't blame them for taking extra precautions in ensuring the new department's safety. Technically, they weren't supposed to exist at all, and this was the fruit of years of work done by the higher ups. 

Donghyuck slipped the lanyard back around his neck and adjusted his white button-up before lifting the box back into his hands. After a couple of moments of uncomfortable silence, the doors slid open and a mug smashed into the elevator wall behind him. Luckily empty of any hot contents. 

"Are you serious right now?!" A scream accompanied the shattered mug and Donghyuck took a hesitant step past the elevator doors before they closed again. Although he wasn't too sure that was the safest choice.

Currently, in the middle of the messy, haphazard floor, two of his new team members were glaring daggers at each other and seemingly close to fist fighting. 

"You almost hit someone, how about you control your goddamn hormones, huh?" A snarky reply came from the shorter of the two, resulting in a threatening step towards the boy from the taller of the two.

"Can we please not argue on our first day?" Donghyuck's firm voice rang through the mostly empty room and the two turned to face him. This, Donghyuck could handle. Especially now that he saw he wasn't the only one who was late in reference to the otherwise empty basement.

"Oh, heh, Sorry, this one is just getting on my nerves. We know each other so don't be too worried," the taller boy explained and walked over to Donghyuck, taking the box out of his hands. "I'm Mark Lee. Nice to meet you!"