Prologue

☆𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟☆

The l/n's are a well-known, rich, pure-blooded family. M/n l/n is a famous author while her husband, d/n l/n, is a famous quidditch player. They love muggle-borns, muggles, pure-bloods and half-bloods, making themselves known to a lot of pure-bloods as 'blood-traitors'. Y/n l/n had a hard childhood. She grew up being expected to get everything right on the first try, to be amazing without even trying, to be 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡. She learnt all spells by the age of 9 and, by the age of 13, had mastered wordless magic, though she never was able to master wand-less magic. She had a pretty normal childhood, apart from the huge expectations she had from her parents. Her parents were proud of her and her brother, they were all a happy family, until one day, her life started to fall apart.

23𝚛𝚍 𝙰𝚞𝚐𝚞𝚜𝚝 1960★
✰𝚊𝚐𝚎:9✰
☆𝚢/𝚗'𝚜 𝚙𝚘𝚟☆

I ran inside after another training session. I had finally managed to use all spells.

"Mother! Father!" I yelled as I ran into the lounge.

"Y/n, be quiet! And don't run!" my father said sternly.

"Sorry, father. I just wanted to tell you that I can cast all spells now."

"Oh y/n, that's wonderful!" my mother said as she jumped up to hug me.

"I'm so proud of you, my little badger," my father patted me on the back. He never really like physical affection so that was the most I'd get.

"Think you can duel me now?" my brother, who will be going into his 7th year in Hogwarts soon, asked.

"Of course she can, but defensive spells only, I don't want either of you getting hurt," my mother said.

We both nodded and raced each other into the garden, giggling our heads off the entire way. We started off the duel normally, bowing to each other then walking away. It was mostly just small spells which we easily blocked but it started getting more and more intense. In the end, I wasn't paying attention to the spells I was using, I just wanted to beat my brother.

"Avada kadavra" I yelled without thinking.

There was a flash of green light and a loud thump. I looked up and saw my brother, lying on the ground unconscious. I dropped my wand with a loud clatter and stood there, too shocked to do anything, with tears streaming down my face. Mother and father ran outside after hearing the commotion. They ran straight to my brother and dropped to their knees. After checking his pulse and confirming he was, in fact, dead, my father stood up and walked over to me.

"YOU IDIOT. WE SAID DEFENSIVE SPELLS ONLY. AND, THANKS TO YOUR UTTER STUPIDITY, B/N IS DEAD," he yelled, slapping me between every sentence, "YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO OUR FAMI-" he started but was cut off by mother.

"D/n, please, I agree that what she did was foolish and should be punished, but our family has a reputation for being one of the few pure-blooded families to not disown anyone, let's try to keep it that way." my father calmed down slightly and nodded in agreement. "Go to your room, y/n, I'll come up to speak with you soon."

I quickly ran to my room, tears still streaming down my face from the pain.

★𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜𝚔𝚒𝚙★

I was curled up in bed, not being able to sleep. I heard a knock on the door and muttered a small "come in." My mother walked in and sat on the bed next to me. I sat up properly but avoided eye-contact as I noticed the look of disappointment on her face.

"Y/n, you need to understand that what you did was wrong," she started, her once soft voice now stern.

"I know mother, I didn't mean t-" I started but she cut me off.

"I'm not finished. I won't be punishing you too badly since this is your first mistake. However, there will be more expectations for you to meet. You will wake up at exactly 7:30 each morning and go to sleep at 9 pm. You will be sorted into Hufflepuff like the rest of us. You will get O's in all your exams. You will become a muggle-studies professor once you graduate Hogwarts. You will always look and act 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡. You will come to the pure-blood events with me. Finally, you will be put in an arranged marriage and not complain about it, no matter who he is or what he does to you, you will belong to him and he can do with you whatever he pleases." she stood up and started walking towards the door.

"No."

She froze, "what did you say?"

"I said no, I'm fine with everything but I don't appreciate being forced to marry someone I don't know" I responded, confidence flowed through me like a drug.

Like he was summoned, my father walked in, wand in hand and his face showed clear anger.

"Don't talk to your mother like that!" he half-yelled at me

"And what are you going to do about it?" I responded, hand on hip and sass dripping from my voice.

He smirked and pointed his wand at me "crucio"

I instantly dropped to the floor, screaming and writhing in agony. It felt like a thousand daggers were being stabbed into me over and over again.

After what felt like hours, he finally lowered his wand. I looked up, tears streaming from my eyes.

"Weak," he said simply before turning and walking out the door.

I looked up at my mother for some form of sympathy but she just followed him without a second glance.