why?

i quickly check instagram just for me not able to see her page. she blocked me on that too.

what did i do?

"did you text her sweetie?" my dad asks obviously not liking how long i was taking.

"i, uh, she cant come" i quickly lie handing my phone back to my dad.

"oh okay. i'm sure you'll be able to see her later" he says before there is a knock on the door.

"hello, i'm just here to say now that harper is awake, she is free to go! obviously just know no electronics for the next couple days and if your ankle starts bothering you any over the counter pain meds will be just fine" the doctor says handing my dad a clipboard to sign.

"thank you doc" my dad says before he leaves the room.

"hey dad can you give me and kaitlyn a minute" i ask him before he nods and leaves the room leaving the two of us alone.

"throw me your phone, i need to text billie" i say quickly putting my hands out.

"she blocked me too. on everything. i already tried" she said her face not meeting mine. "zoe and drew too"

"what? why? what did we do?" i ask now panicking a little.

"i'm sorry harper, this is all my fault. i'm a fucking dumbass. the only reason you are laying in that bed is because of me" kaitlyn than bursts out, her eyes meeting mine.

"kaitlyn, it's fine. accidents happen. i was just as messed up to be letting us drive in the first place. but we are both okay now and thats all that matters." i say. "now i need you to take me to billies"

she simply just nods as i hear the door open and seeing my dad holding a pair of crutches i'm going to have to get used to.

great.

~

we pull up to billies house as kaitlyn waits in the passenger seat. i told her i'd text her if she could leave but i wasn't for sure if billie would even answer the door.

"hey harper" billies dad says with a soft smile on his face.

"hey, i wanted to talk to billie if that's okay" i begin before his smile disappears and turns into a confused look.

"oh, she actually left about an hour ago to the airport with drew. they are going to hawaii for a bit before tour" her dad says lowly. "she didn't tell you?"

"no" is all i reply with.

"also, maggie told me what happened. you okay kid?" he asks glancing down at my foot.

"oh yeah, i'm good. thanks. okay well, sorry to bother you." i say.

"no worries. see you soon" he says before closing the door as i walk off the familiar patio and back into kaitlyns car.

"i'm sorry" is all she says before the silent drive back to my house.

~~