iii. hat's warning

Start from the beginning

             Maybe that isn't something she should say out loud as the man quickly snaps his head over to her, his eyes glaring right at her in anger. "What did you just say, Miss Gryffindor?"

             Professor McGonagall widens her eyes and then quickly heads to them in slight desperation. "Don't listen to her, Professor Carrow," her head of house defends her firmly. "She is but a child. Now, allow me to take the hat elsewhere," McGonagall holds out her hand bravely, no ounce of fear in her strict face.

             The man stares at the older woman cold-face before handing the hat over. He sneers at the two of them before marching out of there and goes beside a woman that looks almost like him. Venus keeps a blank face before turning back to her friends. "This year is going to fucking suck. I will do anything for those kids to get at least a laugh once in a while," Venus slams her hand into the table.

             Lizette grimaces and lowers her head. "That's too dangerous, V," she whispers quietly, placing her chin on her resting hands. Seamus, who sat right beside her, nods his head in agreement. The boy has his head bent down, slowly playing with his food and completely scared from the looks of it. She frowns at their words before glancing down at her own bits.

             How the hell can she make them have fun?

             Venus will have to figure that out during the way. She takes a look back at her friends before telling them, "I didn't come here to be buddies with them. I came her to give kids hope that we are fighting for humanity— and that whatever happens, light will find ways to enter in the dark."

             "I know," Lizette sighs, "Except we do not know what to expect."

             The curly-haired girl takes a glance around the Great Hall, her eyes falling to each and every kid in all the houses. This time around, the Slytherins has more students and despite the rivalry between her own house and theirs, she knows they have to get friendly with one another to 'unite' like how the Sorting Hat mentioned. Her eyes fell to Draco Malfoy, his posture stiffened and a pale look on his eyes. She heard the whispers that it is because of him that Dumbledore is dead— him and Snape, that is. A full-pledge Death Eater student in their view... wickedly scary and dangerous. He would not help in the unity with his deep connection to Voldemort. His two usual followers (Crabbe and Goyle) sat beside him quietly. Her eyes wandered again until they found Parkinson and Zabini sitting together with the girl wearing a visible pout and the boy most likely judging the new older men.

             Venus lets a smile take over her face. She knows exactly who could be the perfect victim and his surname starts with the last letter in the alphabet.

             Blaise Zabini.

             A difficult victim, that she knows it would be, but she will not give up. Venus continues staring at the boy until he finally notices her staring. He gives her an odd sneer and all she does is smile brightly, waving as well to add that spice. He scrunches his nose in surprise before choosing to stare away.

             Perfect, she thinks to herself. It is already working.

             The girl beside him looks up (Zabini probably told her) and glares at her. Venus raises her eyebrows curiously while keeping the grin on her face. Parkinson narrows her eyes suspiciously and challenges her to some eye contact (actually, she did not, but the girl kept staring and so did she...). After a while, Venus chooses to end it by blowing a kiss dramatically and turning away to start a conversation with Lizette.

             "Since when were you all buddies with the Slytherins?" Lizette remarks confusedly, furrowing her brows with no applicable reason in her head. Seamus begins coughing up with that question coming from the auburn-haired girl and stares at Venus with a puzzled expression. "I thought we hated them," the girl continues with a look of wonder.

             Venus smirks coolly. "Well, I think it's time we start liking some of them," the curly-haired comments softly, grabbing a piece of food to eat.

             Lizette purses her lips thoughtfully before shrugging uncaringly. The two of them continue talking about their plan for the future— as if they did not have to worry about the war— and how they would plan to get so far ahead. Venus rambles on about becoming a known poet to the whole European countries (bit exaggeration, but then again it is Venus) while her best friend thought about working throughout the Ministry. They had to be careful every now and then with the unwanted adults occasionally staring at the children with murder on their mind (or at least that is what she assumes).

             The young Gryffindor takes notice of the many solemn faces all around which causes her to ponder. Tomorrow she will have to create some sort of extravaganza to distract them from their misery. Would she get consequences for it? Yes. Would it be anything like how the Weasley twins plan? Not at all— they were far too unique in their pranks, but she will make sure that tomorrow morning, those pesky little first-years have a smile on their faces (even for a short time).

▂✫⌒*・゚

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
yeah, always so short it's unusual
but i figure updates require me to
do this.