8

"No Light, you can't watch this." Light and I had been hanging out for a while and had gotten close. At the moment, he had walked into the room while I was watching anime.

The anime I happened to be watching was so horribly complicated it hurt. Plus, it was pretty girly. Light tilted his head. "What? Why? What is it?"

"You won't get it."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because I don't get it. Trust me, you won't like it."

"Anyway, I didn't intend on watching anime in the first place."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I've actually got something to talk about."

"And what is that?"Light handed me a flyer of some sort. I looked down at it. "What's this?"

"Some sort of light show. It looked like something you may like."

I read the slip of paper. It actually did sound interesting. "This actually sounds cool. Wanna go?"

Light shrugged. "Why not? When is it?"

"In a week or so."

***

I sighed and tilted my head back, closing my book. I had been trying to read, but couldn't concentrate. I was currently upside down on the couch, my head hanging off the edge.

Despite the laws of physics and gravity that I'm sure we're broken, a section of my hair managed to cover my face. Knowing I would never succeed, I simply glared at the rebellious strands.

Light casually brushed the (h/c) frizz out of my eyes as he passed by to sit beside me on the couch. "What are you reading?"

I looked at my book. "Sylvie and Bruno. Lewis Carroll. Really confusing."

"How so?"

"I've lost count of how many characters have been left behind. There were only three that stayed throughout the entire story; and those were only Sylvie and Bruno themselves, along with the narrator."

"The narrator?"

"Yes. It's from his prospective -the narrator's I mean- but a name was never mentioned. So I've no idea what else to call him. I mean, most characters show up later on in the story, but not really enough to be considered consistent."

Due to dizziness, I spun around and sat upright. The light show was in a few days by then and I didn't know what to do beforehand. "Hey Light, do you want to actually do something today?"