1- 2012

Lauren's POV
I made an effort to arrive early to rehearsal today so I could stretch before everyone else got there.

But that plan back fired as I was left to help Nick set up and by the time we were done everyone was there already stretching.

"Hi, is this the Team StarKid rehearsal?" Asked a voice behind Nick and I as we finished setting up the speaker for the music.

"Hi, yeah, you must be Poppy." Nick turned around and I followed his view to see a pretty, tall brunette girl stood smiling at us both nervously shifting on her feet.

She was pretty with long dark hair and pretty brown eyes. Her make up was minimal yet pretty, her tanned skin was flawless and her long legs made her look tall and elegant.

She wore a pair of tight, black joggers and a black crop top, with a black jacket and black sneekers

She wore a pair of tight, black joggers and a black crop top, with a black jacket and black sneekers.  She wore hoop earrings and a pair of sun glasses on her head.

It was early evening so I assumed she had drove here in the late afternoon sun.

Her voice held a low sweet tone with a heavy Irish accent. Her brown eyes darted nervously between us as we both smiled at her. "It's Phoebe...but yeah, you must be Nick." She reached forward to shake his hand, "yeah, sorry about that....when Joey told me you accepted the part I was totally elated but he sent me your name and I forgot to open the email. Sorry."

"It's ok....thank you for watching the audition video I sent Joey. He was really kind to have shown you." She smiled at him. He nodded and I watched with a smile as Nick shuck her hand.

"Well you're welcome, I loved your audition, and we've been needing another person so welcome to the StarKid family." He opened his arm with his signature goofy smile and pointed around the room.

"Thanks." She said with a grin. "Hi I'm Phoebe." She said finally noticing me and sticking her hand out, "Lauren. It's great to meet you." I smacked her hand away and pulled her in for a hug, making her bend to my height.

"Oh! You too. I see you're a hugger."
"That I am....so you know Joey?"
"Yeah he lives in my building, he found out I could act and all but forced me to do an audition tape for Nick."
"Well I'm glad...welcome to the madhouse....want me to introduce you to everyone?" I offered and she shuck her head.

"It's ok...I left my bottle in my car I just realised, wanna come with me to get it and we can talk?" She asked and I nodded.
"Sure." I grinned up at her and she smiled at Nick, "we'll be straight back, thanks again Nick." She called and together we walked back out into the quiet evening parking lot.

While we got her bottle I learned that her full name was Phoebe Bailey and she was from a little town called Derry in Northern Ireland. She was a musical theatre and comedy actress and she loves Harry Potter more then life itself.

She seemed like a really sweet girl and I enjoyed getting to know her, telling her about my life and my interests and having her gush about how much she loved my performances she had been made to watch by Joey.

We made our way back into the theatre and entered the room just as Nick was corralling everyone to listen on the stage floor.

"Ok! Everyone!" Nick stood in front of the cast as they all chatted and warmed up for the rehearsal ahead.

"Today we have two new people joining the cast....their both foreigners so please be kind.....Robert, Phoebe." Nick pointed over to the snack table where a tall brunette boy stood with his back turned and over to the doorway where he had spotted me and Phoebe.

Phoebe's POV
I had been really excited about my first evening at rehearsals after Joey had told me Nick had asked me to join the team.

I had arrived, met Nick and Lauren and now I was being forcibly introduced to everyone else.

I was in no way a nervous or shy person but I was always awkward around new people.

Nick stood in front of everyone as Lauren and I re-entered the theatre and called everyone to listen. He pointed at me and another person who was stood with his back to us all at the snack table.

He called us both over to him and placed a hand on each of our arms so we were both facing the group. "Guys this is Phoebe and Robert."

"Hey/how are ya?/hi/ sup." The group chorused their greetings and I smiled at everyone nervously fiddling with my ringed hands.

"Hi everyone." I smiled.
"Yo Pheeb get over here!" Joey, my neighbour and first StarKid friend tugged me into a hug.

"Well, today we're gonna take our scripts and do a read through for a few hours then we're gonna do a few small parts of the dances. Sound good?" Asked Nick and we all nodded.

"Ok. Let's go!"

-.-.-.-

Joey took me around the group, quickly introducing me to everyone and their characters. First I met Dylan Saunders who was playing Ja'far, then Rachael Soglin who was playing the princess, then one of the writers Jeff Blim who was playing the villain Aladdin, next I met Meredith Stepein and Joe Walked who were Sherrezade and Prince Achmed.

I was then introduced to Jim Povolo, Denise Donovan, Nick Gage, Alex Paul and Jaime Lyn Beatty who were playing the head guard, the bird, the sultan, Captain Hook and Belle.

They all greeted me with warm smiles as Lauren and Joey showed me around and introduced themselves, asking me how I was as I grew more and more comfortable.

We finally finished with the tour and I was left alone for a moment while Lauren and Joey grabbed us our scripts, I was set to play a few minor roles like the puppet tiger and a woman from the sultan and prince Achmed's harems. I was also playing a guard and I was supposed to be the sister of Abdual and Bafool, and mother gothel for one of the songs.

"Hey you're the other newbie." A smooth Australian accent sounded from behind me, making be turn to face the boy who Nick has introduced earlier. "Hi yeah, I'm Phoebe, you're Robert right?"

"Yeah, yeah I am." He nodded, "you excited?"
"Yeah....really excited." I nodded with a huge smile.

"Same, what part of Ireland are you from?"
"Derry....it's in Northern Ireland." I told him and he nodded.

"What about you? Australia right?"
"Yeah.....so what do you think of everyone?"

"Oh they're all lovely." He said making me smile.

He had a cute smile with dimples and with his bright blue eyes and his quaffed hair his face held a boyish charm. He was tall and lean with some muscle that was outlined by his tight shirt.

"Wanna join the others?" He asked noticing my quietness. "Sure." I nodded as I noticed Lauren and Joey making their way over with four scripts between them. "Well duty calls."

"Yeah. It was nice meeting you Pheeb." This surprised me.
"Pheeb?" I asked him.
"You don't like it?" His face fell. "It's ok Rob." I joked back.
"Haha come on." He gently grabbed my arm and tugged me to meet the group as we both laughed at each other's new names.

"Ok let's get cracking!"