Beliefs & Values - Clear and Simple

*AN: Thanks so much for reading so far, everyone. This section is especially short since I sum it up fairly nicely. My next section will be on my "ultimately unsuccessful love life" as I referred to it in the introduction. Lots of love xxxx <3 - Ang

I'll start with religion since that is the most obvious belief there is. I am a Christian, but not Catholic. I'm technically a Lutheran. Basically I believe what The Bible says but I don't take everything for what it literally says. For example, I don't believe that the bread and wine I receive at communion is really the body and blood of Jesus like Catholics do (transubstantiation). 

I believe in Jesus himself and I believe in the holy trinity: the father, the son, and the holy spirit. I believe that Jesus sacrificed himself for our sins and that on the third day he was resurrected into Heaven. I believe there is a Heaven and a Hell, and that I will end up in Heaven someday reunited with my family and Laura.

I used to go to church every Sunday plus Christmas Eve, because of being in the choir and then in the praise band. Now, I never go anymore except for Easter and Christmas Eve. I want to start going again soon, because I do love the songs and I want to get back into my faith anyway. I want to think that my belief in God would be enough to get me into Heaven at the end of my life, but I don't want to take any chances. 

I took a philosophy class my second year of college and the topic was a philosophy called Existentialism. I nicknamed it the "truth-about-life" philosophy, because you can follow it as well as a religion if you want to. It's mainly about living life authentically. Not conforming to what society wants you to do and instead living your life how you want, without regrets. I've decided to follow both.

I believe in ghosts, I believe in aliens of some sort on another planet, and yes, thanks to one of my favorite Christmas movies The Polar Express I believe in Santa Claus. I believe in strange things, yes, but I just think that there is a world beyond ours that exists; a supernatural kind of world. 

I believe there are people that exist that have magical powers and I believe in psychics. Judge if you want, but I believe in that kind of stuff. I think astrology is very true just because of how accurate my horoscopes always are and the fact that my Zodiac description (Virgo) perfectly describes me. I believe in all of the Greek myths and the gods and goddesses as well.

As far as values, my main one that I have to mention is seeing everyone as equals, without judgment. I don't care what ethnicity you are, what color your skin is, if you're male or female, what religion you follow, what sexual orientation you are, or where you came from. I will accept you no matter how different you are from me. 

Just because someone is different from me, it doesn't mean that they are wrong or inferior to me (or vice versa). I don't believe in any group of humans being superior to another. I just want equality for all and in every respect. Simple as that.

Related to religion, I believe that every person on this planet was born with a purpose. People are given talents and gifts that they are meant to use in certain ways to make an impact on the world. 

God has a plan for everyone and everything happens for a reason. Even if you're in your darkest hour and don't see a light ahead, you are there for a reason; not to be punished, but to teach you a meaningful lesson that will help you in future instances.

Lastly, I believe in the golden rule. If someone treats me a certain way, I'm going to treat them that same way back, or better if the person is negative towards me. I don't believe in fighting fire with fire or in revenge. Revenge doesn't get you anywhere in the end and usually you feel worse and the problem is worse afterwards. 

Lastly, I think that when it comes to relationships, romantic or otherwise, you get out what you put into them. The more you are involved in a relationship and the more love and care you put in, you're likely to get that much and maybe even more from the other person. If you don't, that person isn't deserving of you being in their life and it's best to let them go instead of letting them hold you back.