Into the Demon World

So this is my first story, and most of what I have to say will be at the bottom. But if you want longer chapters than this let me know. Also I own known of this except for my made up characters. This is my prequel to the summoner series.

Chapter 1:Into the Demon World

Landon raced through the bustling streets of Raleighshire. Cutting through alleyways, jumping over carts, and dashing through shops to the annoyance of the owners. Today was a festival for when Lord Raleigh slew Khan and ended the war. Everyone else loved it, Landon hated it for one reason and one reason only. He hated summoners.

He only knew about the noble ones, and they were all stuck up and thought they were better than everyone else. On the day of the festival nobles from all around come to Raleighshire to celebrate. That includes their spoiled noble kids, and they all play in the back alley where Landon used to sleep. Every year until he was 10 he refused to leave so they went to go and tell their parents, who threatened him with their demons. Landon soon had enough of it and was offered to move in with the Raleigh's who just found out he was homeless. It was mostly the same group every time, the Forsyth family and their fan group. The twins Tarquin and Isadora both had kids and one was one year older than the other. Zachariah was Tarquin's kid, and he was 15 like Landon now, while Isadora had a child the year before her twin, named Isaac who was 16. Isaac had a demon because he started Vocans last year and is going into his second year. It was his mother's Felid, who is going to keep being passed down in their family line and Landon will have to deal with it. He didn't hate the demons, he only hated their masters.

Landon only liked 4 noble families, the Raleigh's, the Pasha's, the Saladin's, and the Lovett's. The Lovett's, Arcturus, and Elaine Lovett don't have a kid but they were always looking out for Landon when they visited Raleighshire. Maybe a little too much. Seraph Pasha and his wife had 2 kids, one was 15 like Landon while the other was 4. Rory Pasha was named after one of Lord Pasha and Lord Raleigh's closest friends who died protecting Raleighshire. The Saladin family had a daughter named Madison, who like her father was amazing at swordplay. Last but not least the Raleigh's, their son Edmund is Landon's best friend. Now that's kind of weird, a homeless boy best friends with a noble. That's what Landon thought but never complained. Then of course Atilla, who was the child of Cress and Othello didn't count as a noble family, but they were always in Raleighshire. Landon and Edmund were close friends with Atilla.

Since Landon was a baby he was looked after by one of the Raleighshire's guards. His name was Leon and he was the best guard to ever live. (Except for Sir Caulder) Once Landon turned 5 he insisted on him learning how to protect himself, and taught Landon the way of the spear. Landon might be able to say he was on par with the Saladin family when it came to fighting. Then the week after Landon's 7th birthday, one of the stray orc tribes that survived the war attacked Raleighshire through the mountain pass. There were a few casualties because of how small the tribe was, but out of those few was Leon. Landon wept for days and was now homeless, and the one thing he had to remember Leon by was his spear. A beautiful white weapon with a spear tip that was painted silver. The Raleigh family who looked out for him, I guess because he was their son's best friend, thought he moved in with the baker. That's what Landon told him, but in reality, he ran away from there and lived in his back alley.

He kept that secret from Edmund for 3 years, and then he found out and the Raleigh's insisted on him moving in with them. Then Edmund and Landon really made an unbreakable bond, as they lived together since they were 10. Now they are both 15 and Edmund is about to go away in 5 weeks for Vocans leaving Landon all alone. Lord Verity Faversham-Raleigh did her best to cheer Landon up with his favorite food, and even bought him new clothes that he definitely needed. But her efforts didn't really work as Landon's spirits stayed down. Surprisingly Landon decided to visit the mountain pass. The place where his father figure died, he silently snuck out of the Raleigh mansion, and down their long flight of stairs to the main road. Bringing his spear just in case, Landon made it to the mountain pass. He could already imagine Leon leading the troops down this long path to the orc jungle. After about 15 minutes of walking and sneaking past the guards that were awake, he finally made it to the pass. Never being this close to the jungle before, Landon kept glancing at the entrance. The guards were asleep, and only 5 were awake keeping watch.

Being homeless helped Landon out, he had to be sneaky and agile enough to steal food without being caught and escape. It worked just as well here because no guards even glanced in his direction. Landon was standing right at the entrance while the guards were a good distance away. He planted his spear into the ground and was looking around. It was dark and he could barely see anything. Realizing the trip was a waste, Landon got up and turned around pulling his spear out of the ground. But he saw something out of the corner of his eye, gleaming against the moonlight. He walked over to it, to see that it was a scroll, with a pentacle on top of it. The scroll was covered in dirt and slightly buried leaving only the pentacle visible. That was why no one else saw it when they were cleaning the battlefield 8 years ago. Landon automatically knew what it was and opened it, and being the curious kid he is, he skimmed over the words before seeing the bottom of the scroll.

"What kind of words are these", Landon muttered to himself. "Lo rah mi do". Landon kept on muttering the words out loud oblivious to the blue light he was producing. Landon kept reading until the last line, until the light he was producing almost blinded him, and then died down. Realizing what he had just done, Landon dropped the scroll, picked up his spear, and began to run. Then he heard a ...

Chapter End

That's the first chapter, I hope it wasn't too boring but it's just setting the tone so bear with me. This places a big role in the rest of the story. The action will pick up next chapter, but leave your opinions in the comments, and give me suggestions on what you think Landon summoned. I already have an idea for what I want but if someone else has a better idea I might consider it. Who do you think his parents are, and what demon did he just summon?

This is what Landon looks like now at 15 ( p.s I DON'T own this at all I just found it and decided it was a good look)

s I DON'T own this at all I just found it and decided it was a good look)

Also this is what the spear looks like: