Chapter 12

Gavin's POV

Red... that's all i can see is red... He deserves more than that shot in the leg and believe me i am gonna give him that but for right now all i need is to get sunshine away from this shit walking over to her i see she is passed out which is good it'll be easier to get her to my house without any trouble. Picking her up I noticed my driver pulling the car up so opening the door I gently put sunshine into the back seat without trying to wake her and I followed in telling my driver James to take us home and off we went.

I know it seems weird to bring her back to my house but it's gonna be our home and she brings a real light into my word i want her to be happy with me i remember when i was little my mom was the strongest and most loving person in my life yes i had other siblings who knew what went on in the family but my father made sure that my mother's knowledge of his businesses in the underworld was non existent which is what i plan to do with sunshine i saw the toll it took on my mother when she found out the truth and i will not let that happen to me. Losing my mother was the hardest thing to happen to my family, my father lost his way after that his sanity was never the same and it was what killed him. Sunshine shouldn't know anything about this lifestyle, a pure soul like that should be kept in a safe place.

After changing sunshine into one of my shirts i laid her down into the bed looking down at her face i noticed little scratches and bruises on her face, even with all the scratches she is so cute but i'm gonna make sure that man pays for that times ten and i'll be the one to do it. After cleaning off the blood from my hands I snuck out of the room and walked to my office not ready to deal with the drama unfolding at the warehouse.