4. Dodgeball

Nabin

"Who thought it was a good idea to have gym first thing in the morning?" I complained while standing next to Joohee in front of the bleachers.

"I don't know." She shrugged. "But I heard our class and Beomgyu's class are having gym together."

"Wait, isn't that thing in the same class as him?" I asked and she nodded.

"And Yeonjun is a human being, so don't call him that thing, it can hurt his feelings." Joohee said.

"Does it look like I give a fuck about his feelings?" I told her before looking at the front entrance to see his class come in.

I tried looking for Taehyun because he has the same class as him. After everyone walked in, Taehyun was the last one to enter and I immediately frowned when I saw him talking to Yeonjun.

"I hate how Taehyun is friends with him." I commented while glaring at Yeonjun, who was laughing and smiling with my man.

"I mean they were friends before you started liking Taehyun." Joohee stated.
"So you can't really blame him for talking to Yeonjun."

"Why do I feel like everyone around me likes Yeonjun aka you and my mom."

"Your mom likes Yeonjun?" Joohee laughed.
"That's funny because I didn't know she knew him."

"He's the reason why I don't help my parents with their chicken restaurant anymore because he started working there last week." I said.

"Isn't that kinda messed up?" She commented.
"Why would you stop helping your parents because of him? That's a bit too much, don't you think?"

"I mean I help them whenever he's not there, but as soon as he arrives, I'm gone."

She sighed, "Don't you think it's about time you stop hating Yeonjun? It's been years since you started hating him. I think it's time to stop and move on."

"What about you? You hate Soobin too!"

"Hey! Don't bring that jerk into this! We're talking about you and Yeonjun, not me and Soobin!"

"Whatever, I'm gonna go and sit by Minsung because you keep talking about that thing." I told her before walking away from her and going up to Minsung.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, briefly looking at me before returning back to his phone.

"I needed to get away from Joohee." I responded as I took a seat next to him.

"Let me guess, she was talking about Yeonjun?" He said and I nodded.

"By the way, do you know what we're doing today?" I asked.

"I heard from the others we're playing dodgeball."

"Ugh, I don't want to play dodgeball." I complained.
"I'm going to run towards the ball in the beginning, so I don't have to play."

Third Person

"How did I end up here?" Nabin asked while looking at the people on the other team.

Nabin, Joohee, and Minsung was the only one left on their team, and there was Yeonjun, Beomgyu, Taehyun, and four more students on theirs.

"We're definitely gonna lose." Joohee stated.

"Definitely." Nabin emphasized.

"Don't be a Debbie Downer! You guys have me on the team!" Minsung told them.

"You're the reason why we're gonna lose!" Joohee said. "You suck at dodgeball!"

"If I suck at dodgeball, then how did I survive for this long?!" He retorted.

"Because they saved the weak for last!" She yelled.

"When are they gonna stop arguing?" Beomgyu asked Yeonjun.

"I don't know." Yeonjun shrugged before looking and smiling at Nabin.

*Ew, why the hell is he looking at me?* Nabin thought while staring at him in disgust.
"Can someone hit me already? I just want to leave." She said.

"I'll do it." One of Yeonjun's classmates volunteered as she took the ball from Beomgyu and instantly threw it at Nabin at full speed.

Out of instinct, Nabin quickly closed her eyes and covered her face with her arms. Expecting to feel an impact, she opened her eyes after waiting for a couple of seconds and saw Taehyun standing in front of her.

"Are you okay?" He asked her and she shyly nodded her head.

"Why did you do that?" She asked.
"You just got out of the game."

"Just because." He smiled before walking off to the side and sat down with his friends.

"I wasn't expecting Taehyun to protect her." Beomgyu commented.

"Me either..." Yeonjun muttered.
*I wonder why he protected her... Could she be his secret crush that he's been talking about?*

"Nabin?" Minsung called.
"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay..." She said while replaying Taehyun's smile in her head.

"Are you sure? Your cheeks are really red." He said.

"She's fine, Minsung." Joohee crossed her arms.
"She's probably thinking about Taehyun right now."

"Wait, that dude was Taehyun?" He whispered and Joohee nodded.
"I'm glad he's out of the game because he's the reason why we were losing."

"The other team still has 6 people and one of them is Yeonjun. We're still screwed."

"Nah, I think we're gonna win."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because if we get that girl to throw the ball at Nabin again, Yeonjun can go and protect her like Taehyun did and get himself out of the game."

Since Joohee was a competitive person and she wanted to win, she agreed to do his idea and at the end, they lost.

"Well, at least we tried." Minsung said before walking away and going into the boy's locker room, leaving Joohee and Nabin alone.

Joohee sighed, "I can't believe we lost..."

"I already knew we were gonna lose since the beginning." Nabin said while walking into the girl's locker with Joohee.

"By the way, I was really surprised when Taehyun protected you from the ball. I honestly thought Yeonjun was gonna protect you, not Taehyun." Joohee stated.

"Why would Yeonjun protect me? He knows I hate him, so he should know not to come near me."

"Because he likes you."