Chapter 24

Simon's POV

I can't believe she's gone. Just like that. I should have knew it all along that she'll just leave all over again.

JJ: She's actually gone.

JJ says sadly as he walks over to the door and watches Brooke drive out of the driveway.

Simon: You did tell her to go. I know she needs us JJ she just doesn't want to admit it. Remember when her dad died and she said she was fine and doesn't need us but deep inside she was falling apart.

JJ looks back at me and then at the reversing car and runs up to it. He bangs on her window and she pulls it down. I walk closer to hear what they were talking about.

Brooke: But you literally just told me to get out of your house.

JJ: Look I'm sorry we need you. You need us.

Brooke laughs quietly and rolls her eyes.

Brooke: I don't need you. I never did.

JJ: Who were the ones who helped you when your dad passed away? Who were the ones who helped you get away from your ex? We were. You need us Brooke just please come back.

She looks over at me who was standing slightly behind JJ and sighs before driving back onto the drive way.

JJ: Now come on we need to talk. As best friends.

He says as we all walk inside and over to the living room. It kinda felt like that time when me and Brooke fell out and JJ tried to fix it. We all sit down different places of the sofa.

JJ: Right Brooke. Brooklyn. Brooklyn Leigh Phillips.

Brooke: Yes I get it thank you JJ. Look I honestly just think it'll be better if I get out of your lives. You seemed to be doing good without and I just seem to ruin everything when I'm around anyways.

Me: But Brooke it's not like that at all. You never knew what we were like without you. The first year you were gone killed me and JJ but we got over it. We still missed you and wanted you back and now that you are back we want to keep you.

Brooke: Okay I'm sorry. Why can't we just forget that today never happened.

JJ: We can't. People will be asking why Wills face is bruised and everything.

Brooke: Well yeah but with us. Be back to normal. Best friends.

Me: What about me and you?

I ask. Does she just want to go back to friends again?

Brooke: Simon I really like you. Well I think I love you. I never thought about any other guy apart from you. JJ you don't count.

Me: Good because I feel the same way.

JJ: But what about ksimon?

JJ says which makes us all laugh.

Brooke: Why don't I treat you both to a McDonald's. If we hurry up we can still make it for breakfast.

Me: Sure. I'm hungry after all of that. JJ you in?

JJ: Yeah of course.

We all stand up and decide to take Brookes car. We eventually got to McDonald's. It was a fun journey, we pretty much forgot about everything that happened today.

"Do you guys remember the day we all met?" I blurt our as we start to eat our food.

Brookes POV
Flash back
I was making my way to the court yard and I hadn't really made much friends as it was my first week in secondary school. I walked out the door on my phone and some guy bumped into me.

"Watch it you cow" said the guy pausing in his steps. He was quite short and had very blond hair.

"Who are you calling a cow, you pig" I said back to him face to face.

"Hey leave her alone man" said another kid probably our age from behind me. I turn around and see another boy with glasses walking up to the guy who had just barged me.

"Shut up you chicken. What are you going to do?" Said the boy with the blond hair. Seconds later they both started to have a little fist fight. I was quite funny to see what I started to I just stand back and watch it happen.

When a teacher clicks onto what is happening he pulls the boys off each other.

"Right boys what are you two doing?" The teacher said.

"She was the one who started it" the blondey said.

"Right all 3 of you to the head teachers office please" he says. We all sigh and walk off arguing with each other. Once we get to the head teachers office we tell him the story in between arguing about what actually happened.

"Alright guys stop. You by the sounds of it you are fighting over a girl. I want you three to walk out of here and talk to each other as friends. By the end of the week I want to see your progress in friendship group. Can you do that?" The head teacher says. I stand there with my arms crossed looking disgusted like the other two boys.

"I'm not being friends with him because just look at him. And I'm not being friends with a girl that's disgusting" said the one with the glasses.

"Excuse me? I am here you know. I can hear you" I said back slightly louder.

"Just get out of my office and actually have a conversation with one another" the head says pushing us out of his office. Once we get outside we all look at each other.

"Let's just pretend we made friends. I'm Brooklyn." I said trying to be the big one in the group.

"Yeah it'll be a lot better then actually being friends. I'm Simon"

"True but I will never be friends with you two. I'm Olajide but just call me JJ" the other one says.

"Right well goodbye I guess" I say walking away.

"Wait! Maybe we could all hang out after school today" Simon says. We all agree and meet each other later that day.

Simon: I can't believe we actually became friends that way.

Simon laughs to himself.

JJ: I know but let's just say Simon started it all

JJ says which makes me laugh and Simon shake his head.

Simon: No not at all. She was the one that bumped into me because she was on her phone and not looking where she was going!

Me: We're doing it again

I laugh and finish off eating my chips. I loved these boys even though they do annoy me a lot.