Chapter One

Thump. Thump. Thump.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

My heart pounds, sweat dripping from my bangs. I grip onto the wooden chair beneath me. My breath comes out in pants as I gasp for air. The darkness is shrill around me. I try not to waken anyone else in my house. Tears stream down my face. One question pounds in my head, What just happened?

I try to remember what just happened. First I was sleeping in my bed and the next thing I knew I was sitting in this chair, covered in sweat. Being torn from my sleep to this was not a lovely thing. How did I do this? I slowly stand back up, my whole body shaking. I feel drained, I'm exhausted...or well, my body feels exhausted, but I am wide awake. I manage my way back up stairs and to my room. The hallways is deadly silent as I pass through it. No one else saw the crazy thing that just happened to me. I know if I tell anyone they won't believe me. I lay back down in my bed and stare at the dull ceiling. My breath slows and my eyelids droop. Yawning, I turn on my side and push away all of my thoughts. I close my eyes and try to drift back into a my peaceful slumber.

. . . . .

I awake with a jolt. The sun is already blaring at me. I sit up quickly and check my bedside clock. Nine a.m.

"Frick." I mutter to myself as I throw myself off the bed. I dash to the bathroom to get ready. In half an hour I make my way down the stairs to the kitchen.

"You're late." My brother says as I shuffle through the fridge for a quick breakfast.

"I know." I snap as I grab an apple, making my way to the front door.

"You're going to get fired on your first day." Ace laughs at me.

"Oh, piss off." I snarl as I slam the door behind me. I hear his continued laugh as I get in my car and rev it up. I pull into reverse and pull out of my garage. I set it back to drive and ride to my knew, hopefully kept, job.

. . . .

I park outside of Devil's Box, the bar I, hopefully, work at. I slip out of my car and head through the double doors. The bartender looks up and gives me a charming smile.

"You're late." He says in a low voice.

"I know, I'm so sorry." I give a sheepish smile and make my way through the door which leads to the kitchen. He follows me in, since no one is here yet. During the day it's a restaurant, which opens at ten, and at night it's a bar. In the back there are only three other people. Two dudes and a girl.

"Welcome Skye," He says from behind me, "This is Silver, Amos, and Jack." He points to each of them in turn. He walks around me and stands with the group. His blue eyes stare into mine. 

"Hey," Jack grins at me with blue eyes that match the bartenders.

"You can call me Lucifer," The bartender speaks up, "and Jack will show you the ropes."

"Thanks." I murmur. Lucifer smirks at me as he passes back through the door. Amos goes back to readying the kitchen. Silver gives me a small glare before she goes into a different room.

"Follow me back out, you're a waitress, right?" Jack asks.

"Yup." I nod, following him back into the main area. This all seems wack so far. Lucifer is kind of freaky, but hopefully I'll fit in. I really need this job.

. . . . .

I set the second pie down on table seven. Yes, the second. They're not that small either. The guy gives me a flirty smile, his green eyes moving from me to the pie. The guy across from him stares at him then looks to me. His even greener eyes move to me and he gives me a shy smile. I start to walk away.

"Dude, are you really going to eat another pie?" The second guy says as I walk away. I stifle a chuckle as I make my way back to the back. I grab another order and head to the next table. I drop off a burger to the lone guy in a long beige trench coat. I wonder if he knows that's out of style.

"Here you go." I say. His dark hair slightly falls in his face as he looks up at me.

"Thank you," he pauses clearly reading my name tag, "Skye."

"You're welcome..."I trail off.

"Castiel." He says.

"Castiel." I say back. He nods as I walk away. What a weird dude. I drop my tray off in the back as I make my way to the clock out station. I swipe my name tag and wave to Jack on my way out. Today was only a half day since it was my day off. I head to my car and make my way home.