Chapter 1: The Unknown Energy

There were 4 people who were best friends. The first was Kale, a wacky yet intelligent inventor. Kale always builds weird items but he is very smart and always exceeding people's expectation so it's no wonder that people always go to him for ideas and his amazing inventions.

The second was Nancy, an excellent surgeon which has never failed an operation before. She always operates fast yet careful and her patients have a very high survival rate which makes her one of the best surgeon.

The third was Jack, a natural born genius with a keen interest towards science, he studies all types of sciences from Physics to Microorganisms. His high levels of intelligence and interest towards science makes him an inspiration towards scientists

Lastly was Jon, he's just an average guy. Jon was never super smart or had a burning ambition and the worse part was that he's unemployed which cause Jon to always felt inferior and weak compared to his friends.

The four friends decided to meet up in a café on that fateful day. Jon, with nothing to do that day, arrived first. Not long after, Kale arrived. Followed by Nancy and lastly, Jack arrived.

"So how's life Kale?" Jon asked

"Well I recently created a chair that will push the person off the chair if that person sits on the chair for too long" Dale said in excitement as the other 3 bursted into laughter

"Though there's always a shortage of materials since the parts and components I need are quite expensive sometimes" Dale added

"Well Nancy I heard you got promoted again." Jon said in awe

Nancy slightly blushed in embarrassment before saying

"Hehe it's not really a big deal to be honest but sometimes I wish I had assistants that could read my mind because sometimes it gets hard to operate."

"Then maybe you can ask Jack to create some sort of mind reading machine." Jon jokingly said as the other 3 laughs again

Jon suddenly remembered about a  incident about Jack that he saw in his newspaper and turned to Jack

"So I saw in the newspaper that you have created a cure for a disease in a third rate village. What do you have to say "Mr Genius Scientist"?"

"All I wanted was to help that poor village," Jack awkwardly laughs while blushes slightly in embarrassment just like Nancy. "I didn't do it for fame besides learning about the virus was quite interesting"

Suddenly Nancy asked Jon in a soft voice "Have you found a job yet?"

The cheery and happy mood suddenly stops as Jon shakes his head

Jack starts taking out his wallet and said to Jon "After going on newspaper and all I have quite a bit of money, I can le-"

Jon stopped Jack and said "Jack you don't have to, I can survive on my own"

To Jon, nothing was more embarrassing than borrowing money from his friends, it also makes him feel like he's taking advantage of his friends even if they offered him

Suddenly the skies became red as a wave of reddish-yellowish energy swept across everything, hitting everything in it's path.

It happened instantly and the four friends couldn't even react before they were hit by the wave and flung into the air before losing consciousness and hitting the ground.

The wave swept through the entire globe and everyone, young or old, was knocked out for a brief period of time.

"Jon! Jon! Wake up" Nancy said in a worried look as she shook Jon's body. Jon slowly regain consciousness but he felt a pounding headache like a sharp needle pierced his brain