prologue

It's been a year since I started ruling far far away. My 17th Birthday was a week ago. I wish I could have a break.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my job. I get to help people and protect a kingdom that my family built up. But I'm just SO tired. Aunt Lillian said that's why dad left. He knew that he would eventually become king but he didn't want to, so he dumped me and ran. 

Honestly, it had all been a breeze until Aphelion became a problem. He's a pirate, and an incredible good one at that. Well- not good. But you know... Talented?

And of course it's my job to kill him and save the kingdom from him and the rest of the crew of the Viridity. That's the ships name. The people of Far Far Away don't like to use it, it seems to be a curse among them.

Aunt Lillian can't wait for them to dock, apparently they're just waiting for them. Obviously, everyone in Far Far Away wants to be the one to kill him, but I've ordered the crew to be delivered to me as soon as they dock. This is my chance to prove to the kingdom, and Shrek, that I am good enough to rule. I want them to be able to trust me. 

And wiping out the biggest threat that the kingdom has had since Charming tried to take over might just be the way to go about that.