18. The Boy Who Also Lived

Start from the beginning

"I don't have them all back...when will they come back?" I asked, hoping that I would regain my past soon.

"I do not have an answer for that Y/N," Dumbledore said.

"Does this link to my scar?" I asked, pointing to the scar going across my face.

"Yes, like Harry, you survived a killing curse thus giving you a scar like his." Dumbledore said before glancing at a clock in his office. "We will have to finish this conversation later, for it is time to take you to where you're staying."

I nodded and stood up. "I want to know more sir."

Dumbledore shook his head. "I will tell you more, for now you stay as F/N to your friends but if it's ok with you, I will tell the members of the Order of your true identity."

Dumbledore offered me his hand, I took it as we apparated to outside a house. Walking in, I took in my surroundings, the house was dark and grimy and I felt quite uncomfortable here.

"In here F/N." Dumbledore said, pointing to a door. I was taken aback by him referring to me as F/N but I nodded, walking into the room.

"Who's this?" I heard a man say, in the room I saw the majority being adults and a teenage boy, looking oddly familiar to me.

"Before I tell you, I want you to refrain from asking questions before I have finished nor tell anyone, especially the younger ones about what you've learnt here." Dumbledore instructed and the room nodded in unison.

I looked nervously around, most of these people seemed like people I knew, but my memory was still hazy.

"This is Y/N, Y/N L/N." Dumbledore said calmly as the others gasped.

"This can't be real..." a woman said, breaking down into sobs, a man and the other boy comforted her.

"Dumbledore, don't play tricks on us." a man with long, black hair said.

"I'm not, I will explain to you what happened, on the condition none of you tell anyone else who wasn't in the room." Dumbledore said, I looked around, timidly and all eyes were on me.

"To anyone else who doesn't know him, he is a Malfoy, F/N Malfoy-"

The man with the long hair was not happy with that. "Malfoy? Why is he a Malfoy? Lucius is a prick."

Dumbledore remained calm and studied the man. "It will be safer that way, I will explain everything to you. For now, I will let Y/N leave and speak to his friends upstairs. He will come back down for dinner."

"Do they know?" someone asked.

Dumbledore shook his head. "They don't, and I intend to keep it that way."

I was dismissed, I would be allowed to speak to everyone later. I walked upstairs and went into the room where all the children were. Only Harry and Hermione were glad to see me,

"F/N!" Hermione said happily, flinging her arms around me.

"Hey 'Mione." I smiled, before looking around at the Weasleys, who didn't seem pleased to meet me.

"Oh I'm not sure we've properly met," I said to the twins and the Weasley's daughter, Ginny, "I'm F/N, F/N Malfoy."

"What are you doing here?" Ron asked, spite and hatred in his voice.

"Dumbledore invited me here." I said with a smile, they didn't know of my true identity yet and I was sure, whenever they found out, they would be surprised.

"If Dumbledore invited him here, he can't be that bad," I heard Ginny whisper to the twins.

"If you're associating me to my house, or my surname, I can assure you I am nothing like the stereotype." I said, looking at the red-headed children.

"You got us and Harry permanently banned from Quidditch." a twin said angrily.

My eyes widened, I didn't know that happened. "Well I'm sorry but I didn't provoke you, and it wasn't me, it was Umbridge who got you banned."

The twins looked at me suspiciously so I spoke again. "Me and Harry are friends, aren't we?"

Harry nodded.

There was an awkward silence and I wanted to tell them, proclaim that I was their dead friend but Dumbledore made me be quiet, he said that it was essential. I was saved by Mrs Weasley calling us downstairs for dinner. We proposed a toast to Harry, for saving Mr Weasley and another toast for Arthur Weasley's return back from St Mungos. After that, we tucked into a delicious Christmas dinner and as I sat and joked with everyone, I forgot about everything bad, I forgot about my fake identity. I felt like everything was coming back to me, I felt like I was Y/N again and most importantly,

I felt home.