50

Tonight, Meng Manor was exceptionally quiet.

Although the Meng family had wealth, the Meng couple were not demanding people so there were not many servants in the residence. Even though there weren’t many servants in the residence, Madam Meng was very considerate and allowed everyone, from the top steward to the rough messengers, to go home and rest for two days.

Many people went home with gratitude, leaving behind a few with nowhere to go. Madam Meng and Meng Yun also allowed these people to go out and have fun.

As a result, they were the only two people left in the residence.

For some reason, Madam Meng coaxed Meng Yun to drink together out in the garden pavilion.

Meng Yun was a little worried. "Your illness has just recovered. Tonight, the wind is a bit cold, so let's go back to the house."

Madam Meng had dressed up tonight, with traced eyebrows, face powder, and rouge. She wore jade earrings and on her pale wrist was a beautiful jade bracelet. Her whole person looked bright and enchanting. Hearing Meng Yun’s words, she smiled slightly and, without speaking, shook her head a little.

Meng Yun looked at her, and it seemed as if he’d returned to the moment when he first met her a few years ago. He missed it a bit, and subconsciously showed a sincere smile on his lips. "Time had passed, but Qingqing still looked as graceful as that year.”

Madam Meng smiled and said, "At that time, Meng Husband promised to trace my eyebrows and bind my hair with a hairpin, for us to mutually stay true to each other. But, in the blink of an eye, so many years had passed.”

Meng Yun was momentarily stunned. Trace eyebrows and binding hairpin?

When did he say these things to Madam Meng?

Meng Yun racked his brain and thought for a while, but he couldn’t recall it. He decided that he must have forgotten it. After all, Madam Meng had never lied to him. He felt ashamed for forgetting and quickly took up a glass of wine, smiling to conceal his confusion. "Yes, it’d been several years. Come and have a drink with me."

He and Madam Meng touched their glass, then he raised his head and drank cleanly.

Madam Meng looked at him with a faint gaze, and then raised the wine glass to her lips. Covering her face with her sleeves, she raised her head slightly and drank the wine.

Meng Yun played with the wine glass, savoring the aftertaste, and said, "I’ve never had this wine before, but it tasted excellent.”

The wine glass was gently placed on the small table, which created a slight collision sound. Mrs. Meng whispered softly, "It’s just ordinary wine."

Then, she grabbed the scroll next to her and handed it to Meng Yun. "I asked someone to draw a picture. Meng Husband, take a look.”

Meng Yun didn’t take the scroll. Instead, he placed his hands over hers and held her hands so that they could open the scroll together.

It was a boudoir scene. In the painting, Meng Yun was bending down slightly, tracing Madam Meng’s eyebrows. On the vanity was a pair of jade hairpins and a pair of jade earrings. Aside from these, there were also other accessories, all exquisitely beautiful.

In the painting, Madam was smiling tenderly and softly. Her eyes looked in concentration at Meng Yun, watching as he clumsily held a small pen dipped in black dye and awkwardly painted her eyebrow.

The painted skin demon was very skilled in painting, which was how she’d found her footing in the world. This painting was very lifelike. As Meng Yun looked at it, he became immersed in the scene. He subconsciously released Madam Meng’s hand and murmured “Qingqing” as he reached out to touch the Madam Meng in the painting.