Shen Zhixian also followed, tentatively touching the barrier.

The barrier glowed slightly.

Shen Zhixian turned his head to look at Yan Jin, who instantly got his message. Before he could say anything, Yan Jin lightly grabbed his waist and pushed forward, passing the barrier quite easily. After all, the barrier wasn’t intended to block people out. It was just that Little Ten’s soul was incomplete, making him unable to pass through.

As soon as they passed through the barrier, the sound of the waves washed over them. When the mist disappeared before his eyes, Shen Zhixian could clearly see that they were at sea.

The endless, blue sea was like jade, sparkling in the sun and reflecting the floating clouds in the sky.

Not far away, a boulder stood motionless among the waves. A merman with an ice-blue fish tail was sitting quietly on a large boulder, with half of his fishtail hidden under the water. He looked at the distant sea from time to time, humming a small tune.

Noticing their movements, the man turned his head, and the long hair like waterfall was blown by the wind, making his skin appear more white and snowy in contrast.

When Shen Zhixian saw him, somehow, a strange man's voice burst into his head.

“I’m willing to build thousands of illusions for him, creating the boundless sea, the sound of winds and waves, the spoiled sun and the bright moon, the clouds and stars...all with no deficiency. All except one thing. I would never allow him to leave me.”

When this voice appeared, Shen Zhixian subconsciously glanced at Yan Jin, even as the latter pulled forward and waded to the merman’s side.

He retracted his gaze, frowned slightly, and there seemed to be some noisy sounds intermittently weaving in and out of his mind, unclear and indistinct. He listened carefully but could not make out much.

His head seemed to full of memories and feelings that didn't belong to him, which caused a moment of confusion in his thoughts, and he couldn’t even react as he was pulled in front of the merman.

The merman stopped singing, and his beautiful ice-blue eyes gave Shen Zhixian a glance. His eyebrows slightly rose. "Heart ailment?"

The moment he said the words, Yan Jin's expression flickered, and without hesitation, he dropped to his knees, which knocked hard against the rocks despite the water as buffer. His voice was muffled, "I beg Senior for a scale."

Shen Zhixian was astonished by the muffled sound and his heart trembled. He subconsciously tried to pull Yan Jin back up, distress rising unbidden in his eyes.

The merman took in all of this, and for a split second, he looked distracted. After a moment, he gave a small smile, raised his hand slightly, and a gentle force pulled back Yan Jin up into a standing position.

"This heart ailment, I’m afraid ordinary scales can't save it. You must use the inverse scale,” The merman unhurriedly said in a clear and cold voice, calmly displaying his inverse scale. "I have only half of the inverse scale left."

Shen Zhixian's heart sank. Of course he knew how important the inverse scale was. If it was an ordinary scale, it wouldn’t be a problem. But, to the merman, losing the inverse scale would be equivalent to losing more than half his life.

Yan Jin obviously thought of this too. He pursed his lips and was about to speak, but the merman raised his hand, and his long fingertips touched his lips in a gesture for silence. "I’d already lived for a long time. Since you have already come this far, it would be fine to give you the inverse scale. It’s just…”