15. Attentive ✔

Start from the beginning

"I know," the girl smugly said, "but I'm glad you have him now, Hyeyoon; at least I won't feel so guilty to leave you alone and get married. I think he's a good man," Jeein added.

"He is," I agreed. Kiyong was indeed a great man. Too good to be true, and sometimes I felt I didn't deserve him.

"Did he know your past, Hyeyoon?" Jeein's sudden question was taken me aback and left me speechless.

She saw my nervousness, and I quickly composed my state, "Yes, he did, but not in detail," I chose my words carefully, and Jeein judged my expression.

"You don't have to tell him everything, but please be honest with your relationship, Hyeyoon, don't hide anything. You know how it feels when your lover hides something behind your back," Jeein's words were like a slap on my face. She was right.

"I know," I said finally. "Thanks for reminding me,"

A sound of alarm jolted me back to reality. It was 7.00 AM; I woke up first before the alarm because of the dream. I facepalmed to brush everything off. I had to move on. I reminded myself frustratingly. The day I decided to leave him three years ago was the day I decided to move forward.

But the sudden feeling that harshly crept into my chest was strange and new. Three years had passed, and this was the first time I felt this way. The sudden urge to hear his voice and his presence around me was never this strong.

"What's wrong with me?"

My phone vibrated. A message from Kiyong

Kiyong Oppa

07.05

Baby, wake up already? We need to get prepared to go to the company today.

I got up from the bed and walked to the bathroom while replying to his text. I told him that I'd be ready in 20 minutes.

* * *

Monday morning in Beijing seemed not that different from Seoul. As it was the first day of the week, everything looked busy, and the traffic was quite heavy today. After finishing our breakfast, Kiyong was informed that a car would get us to the microchip IT Company for today's briefing.

We arrived at a large building in the center of the district, and someone immediately approached and led the two of us to the 24th floor of the skyscraper.

"Mr. Xu is already waiting," the guy let us into the waiting room and gestured to the nearby couch.

"He'll be here in a moment," the staff added before excusing himself.

Five minutes later, the middle-aged man I saw last night at the Gala entered the room and smiled warmly at the two of us. Both of us immediately stood and bowed.

"It's okay, take it easy," he took a seat on the couch right in front of us and let us take a seat. He stared at me first, then nodded and turned to Kiyong.

"Thank you for inviting us, Mr. Xu. The ceremony was epic," Kiyong started, and the man in front of us laughed in satisfaction at the compliment.

"You enjoyed the party, right?" he sounded.

Kiyong smiled and agreed, "Yes, it was delighted, Sir,"

The following discussion started with the concept of the building, as the owner requested. They wanted to build the Seoul Headquarters resembling the Beijing HQ. 10 minutes of short briefing, Mr. Xu then walked us to the entire building with a total of 37floors.

"We don't need to build a total of 37 floors in Seoul HQ. Build in total 25 - 30 floors will do," Mr. Xu mentioned his request. The company has merged its business with a famous department store in Seoul, which was a joint building construction. Mr. Xu added to the proposal to build a seven floors department store below the main tower.