Lazy Daisy

This is my little Christmas gift to all my readers! Merry Christmas! :D oh, and the cover by the side is done by me~ it was so fun creating the cover. The same goes to writing this story, of course, so I hope you'll enjoy this short one!

Copyrighted © 2014, permafrost (from Wattpad)  
All rights reserved

Lazy Daisy

I was sitting there in my chair, staring up at the crowd circling me. Everyone was sending me smiles filled with envy, and looking at me as though they knew something I did not. I hated it when people do that, so instead of basking under the smiles they were all giving me, I frowned instead, preparing to show my not-so-mature tantrum just so I could convince them to just break the news to me.

"Just say it already," I prompted them. My girlfriends all giggled at me, shocking me to my very core. Seriously, what was so funny?

"You'll know it soon, oopsy Daisy," Cyn told me with another knowing smile. "You know you're so lucky."

I raised an eyebrow. "You dragged me all the way here just so you could all laugh at me. Do you know how much of a chore that was?"

Arryn patted my shoulder. "Now, now. Simmer down. You'll know it's worth it." She whispered the last sentence into my ear. Her breath sent shivers down my back. I stared at her, then the backdrop, and I realised I was actually at a Christmas dinner in a house I didn't recognise. Mistletoes hung at every corner of the dining room. Christmas ornaments framed the top of the walls, and some snowflakes suspended from the ceiling. The smell of turkey filled the room – deliciously, definitely, but it didn't make me dribble with saliva... and I wondered why as I glared at all the people around me, who seemed to be ignoring me while drowning in their own conversation.

"Oh, he's here!" squealed a girl from the crowd excitedly.

Who's here?

The crowd parted ways for the man to walk. Towards me. I looked up at him, and felt the whole of my being scream. In a good way. He had a large bunch of daisies in his hands. Super cliche, I know, but it was super sweet.

With my eyes as wide as they could get, I said, "Hi." almost breathlessly.

He didn't answer. Instead, he gave me a look so intense, I wondered if I said it wrong. Then, he knelt down and lifted the daisies closer to me, but far enough to allow me to see his face. I saw how nervous he was, and my excitement turned to anticipation.

Everything was quiet, and then...

A huge big hand went right smack onto my face. I screamed, trying to get his hand off me. Slowly, skin became fur, and I realised that I'd stopped screaming.

I opened my eyes, breathing through my mouth, because a huge paw was resting on my nose, making breathing through it impossible.

"Geroff!" I pushed the massive paw away from me, and in my attempt to speak, fur entered my mouth. I spattered. "Yuck! Fluffy!"

I scrambled to sit up, and when I did, I sent daggers towards my family's Samoyed. She sat in front of the coach, looking all innocent with her tongue out. That was her cue to make me cool off. Soon, she was lying on top of me. Sometimes, she seem to forget that she's no longer the puppy she was five years ago, when she was found at my doorstep. I was fourteen then, and wanting a name that would still apply even after having grown up, I decided to Google pictures of a Samoyed. My first impression: fluffy. My little sister liked the name as much as I did, however ordinary the name was.

With a grunt, I finally managed to push her to the side, giving me the freedom to sit up. The television was still turned on. The theme song for some random romance drama played. I glanced at the clock. Only fifteen minutes had passed since I started dozing off. The weather was starting to cool, and it had rained not too long ago too. The smell of it still lingered in the living room. It was hard not to give in to the soothing sounds and temperature.