Chapter Eighteen: A Hole In The Wall

Start from the beginning

♥︎

"Mom," Both children call out simultaneously.
"Will!" Joyce responds.
"Oh, my God," (Y/N)'s mother cannot fathom the fact that she's hearing her missing daughter's voice through the Byers' wall.
"Please," Will pleads. He wants to be recused. Joyce runs out of the front door calling for Will. Mrs. (L/N) goes to the wall and begins to cry, repeating (Y/N)'s name. Joyce stops short outside as she sees that no one is on the other side of the wall. Where are they? Joyce rushes back inside.
"Will!"

♥︎

"Mom!" Will's weak voice changes into a rough cry. (Y/N) raises her voice as well, her raw throat aching.
"I'm here, I'm here!" Joyce says from the other side.

♥︎

Joyce cleanly rips down a square of wallpaper. (Y/N)'s mother helps with clearing it away. "Oh, God..."

♥︎

"Will!"
"(Y/N)!"
"Will, it's us! Are you there?" Lucas yells through the radio's microphone.
The boys panic as Eleven stays calmly focused, "Can you hear us? We're here!" Dustin tries reaching the two.
"Hello? Mom?"
"Mom!" Will's and (Y/N)'s voices emit from the radio.
"Why can't he hear us?" Lucas asks his friends, frustrated by their lack of communication.
"I don't know!" Mike answers back, becoming frightened by their friends' desperate cries.

♥︎

Joyce peels back another layer of wallpaper revealing a pulsing, red membrane. Two clouded figures can barely be seen from the other side of the gross substance. But, of course, the two mothers recognize these figures right away. It's their children.
"Mom?"
"Oh, God. Will!"
"Oh, my God. Oh, my God," Mrs. (L/N) steps back from the wall but then rushes towards it again, touching the disgusting material. The mothers and children all have their palms resting against the membrane.

♥︎

(Y/N) and Will have given up pounding and scratching at the material. They calmly rest against it sobbing. Their way out is right in front of them and they cannot get through. "Oh, thank God," Joyce's voice echos through from the other side. She's so relieved that her son is alive.
"(Y/N)!" Mrs. (L/N) is more hysterical than Joyce in this moment, her voice breaks as she speaks.
"Mom!" Tears rush down (Y/N)'s face. She doesn't even bother to wipe them.

♥︎

Joyce smiles sweetly. She was right. She knows this now. She was never crazy. She was always right; her son is alive. Mrs. (L/N) has her hand of her mouth but her eyes are squinted and upturned, revealing that she too is smiling.

♥︎

(Y/N) and Will hear their new least favorite noise sound off from outside of the house. The monster's crackling growl. They whip their heads towards the sound and (Y/N) looks to Will wondering if they should stay or go. Will looks at (Y/N) and then to their mothers, "Mom, it's coming!"
"Tell me where you are! How do I get to you?" Joyce yells to the children. Joyce takes control of the situation, so (Y/N)'s mother stands back. She wants to collapse onto the ground and cry, but she knows, unfortunately, that won't solve anything.

♥︎

The boys' eyes are glued to the radio, terrified. Will's voice comes from the Heathkit, "It's like home, but it's so dark...It's so dark and empty."
"And it's cold!" (Y/N) adds in brokenly. Dustin begins to tear up hearing his friends so agitated. Eleven begins to furrow her eyebrows, showing the most emotion she has had for a while. Fresh blood drips from her nose.