Surprise

Something woke Katie up from her reverie. She heard her mom calling her.
"Katie, time for dinner!"
She looked at her English homework and laughed. She hadn't even finished the first page. Out of five. She knew that it was super easy and she knew all of the answers but she wasn't even really paying attention.
"Katie, please. The soup will get cold!"
Katie ran downstairs, throwing off her sweater in the meantime. She ran all the way across the room and skidded to a stop in front of her chair. "What kind of soup is it, mom?"
"Broccoli cheddar. Your favorite."
"Thanks mom!"
"So, finished your homework?"
"Nope."
"Hurry! I want to show you something."
"Cool! Can I go finish my homework?"
"Of course. Hurry now!"
Katie ran up the stairs without feeling like responding. She decided to sit down and actually work on her homework now. She finished in five minutes. She walked down the stairs, and as she did, she heard the door open. She heard a deep voice and she knew who it was. It was Claude. Why would he be here?
"Here she is!" announced her mom, a little too nonchalant.
"Hi, Claude!" she said, bewildered.
"Well, you are probably confused as to why I am here." Claude said.
"Yes."
"I remembered you hadn't seen Les Miserables at DC, so, I bought two tickets for next Saturday in DC."
"OH MY GOODNESS!" she ran to Claude and hugged him. "Thank you thank you thank you thank you!" She whispered into his wet raincoat.