31. I wouldn't expect an apology (2)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Alright, Johnny-boy? What've you got there?"

"Nothin'," John snapped, quickly dropping the necklace into his blazer pocket. He looked up to see Michael Hill walking towards him. He pat John on the shoulder and John gave him a quick nod.

"How's that shit stain of yours doin', by the way?" Hill asked, nodding down at John's backside as he walked past him, grinning. "You wanna start wearin' nappies, eh John?"

John exaggerated a loud, fake laugh with his tongue pressed against the inside of his lower lip. Michael started laughing.

"No worse than that tiny freckled cock of yours, Mike," John retorted. "Shame it's not the same size as yer forehead."

Michael flipped him the finger over his shoulder.

Fucking Shotton. He was gonna batter that little blonde scally when he saw him next. John had walked back into school forgetting about the mud encrusting the back of his trousers. Pete found it hilarious and for a lark he'd told their Chemistry class that John had shit himself. John jumped ontop of his stool and attempted to smear his arse across Pete's face, almost setting his own blazer alight with the Bunsen burner. That earned him another wanky lunchtime detention, which, by the way, he wouldn't be going to. They could fuck off with it. He'd had enough of frigging detentions. It was bad enough he had to sit in one later with Little Miss Not-so-prim-and-proper.

That girl could throw a punch. A tough one, Pooley was. All the way down to her bones. She'd winded him with a blow to the stomach and she'd felt no way about it, either. She could've gone for his face. God knows, she desperately wanted too; John saw the vexation in her eyes, but she hadn't so much as touched his face, and that surprised him a little. His arm still hurt from where she'd pinned him down with her knee and he felt a slight tenderness below his breast bone. There was no denying her grip had been strong but he'd let her have the upper hand, there was no mistaking that. He wasn't a namby. He could've easily flipped her around and pummelled her back, just as hard, and just as fast. He could've camouflaged her pretty little face in the mud and made her sorry for ever hitting him. If it had been a lad starting on him like that, well, the fucker would've left there black and blue with a twig shoved up his arsehole. But, it was wrong to hit girls, though, wasn't it? It wasn't proper and all that. John wouldn't admit it, but the truth of the matter was, he'd been stunned into inaction. No bird had tried, nor dared, to launch herself at him like she did and then pound him to the ground. She had balls for doing what she did.

Anyway, John liked seeing her riled up. Celia Pooley was one hot-tempered bird. It was so easy to ruffle her feathers. Earlier, her eyes blazed with animosity and those full lips of hers squeezed tight into a scowl whilst her cheeks flared like two beetroots on either side of her face. He'd seen her mad with teachers and with that silly bollocks, James Marsh, but never like that. He was the one to bring that fiery side out of her and John knew it was wrong of him to seek enjoyment out of it, but he did. The more she hated him, the more drawn he was to her. Celia was fierce and determined, and John dare say he'd come to like that about her. Maybe he'd make her earn that locket back. Make her work for it, get her to do things for him. Have her like a puppet on a string. John smirked wickedly to himself at the thought of it.

"—why, Celia? Would you rather be rolling in the mud with Lennon instead?"

John suddenly stopped walking and someone crashed into his back. A girl tutted and shot him a dirty look as she rushed past him. John kissed his lips at her as she stalked off.

"Oh give over, Pen. As if I'd ever! I told you it wasn't like that."

John poked his head around the corner of the wall, not wanting to spotted. Along the next corridor Penny and Celia stood opposite each other. They were only a couple meters away from him. Celia's back faced John, but he could see Penny and from what he could make out, she looked none too happy. If he rounded the corner they'd be sure to see him so he retreated and stood against the wall, deciding to eavesdrop instead.