Chapter 1

Maya

This wasn't the life that I chose. My life was as if almost perfect, I was gonna find a man to make a family, I was going to get a scholarship in the town. Perhaps who else would know what would happen in the next seconds, minutes, hours, months, and days? No one except the above. I'm already dead, to emphasize that I am not a living soul anymore. I just am the way I am. Trapped in a flower where my soul rests in peace. I don't know how long I'm going to be trapped here. All that matters is that I can still walk around the year not until the

Leap Year.

I walked around the garden and saw my guide--the deity who's assigned to not make me get in trouble. I walked up to her while he looks up the sky full of flowers.
"How many minutes left?" I asked.

"A minute. And you'll be free--again."
The deity said as he picked up a flower.

"You know the drills? The months given? The days-"

"I already know deity no need to say." I also picked up a flower and watch as it reveals slowly. I suddenly thought of something and smiled. Not really a smile but a sneaky one.
"Deity,"
I walked closer to him

"Maybe you could give me 2 months? Just 2 months pleaseee!" I begged on my knees and sat down.
He looked down at me and rolled his eyes.

"1 month is enough! I already told you right? You're the one who wanted to live and you're supposed to be up-"

He stopped talking when he realized I was about to cry. 1 month isn't enough for me to lurk around the world. 4 years. I wait 4 years before I can step outside the flower. 4 years and that's every leap year.

He sighed. "I'm sorry."

"You don't have to say sorry. You're a deity it's not up to you. Besides, you're right," I paused and stood up.

"I really asked for too much. Asking to live again is too much."

The deity looked at me intently.
"But dying is too much right?" He asked.
I smiled. "We all die and that's a part of us."
I noticed that the flower's revealing. I closed my eyes and felt as if I'm floating.

This is it.

The 4 years of waiting, and here I am again.

............

The sound of cars honking. Hmm the smell of street foods and--

HOOOOOOOOOOOONK

I opened my eyes and..

"AHHHHHH!"

The cars were honking at me one by one. This is terrible. Why did I have to appear here!
I ran as fast as I could panicky, going back and forth.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry--ooh! Oops, I'm sorry! Ah!"
I feel like my head is going round and round.

"Miss are you okay?"
My eyes were as if I'm going to DROP DOWN!

"I-I'm fine! I'm sorry!"
These feet couldn't get fast huh? Well, I'll run fast! I ran as fast as I could and went to the flower park. It's a magic that I have a ticket whenever I enter this world. Deity always gives me one ticket to go here first whenever I am in this world again. I sighed and look at the flowers.
I entered the park and this one staff has always noticed me going in here every February 29.

"It's leap year." He said, handing me the stapled ticket.

"It's leap year Sir." I took the ticket and went inside. I admired the flowers and the smell. Then I remembered I still have to go to the garden of this particular flower. A very special flower where I am trapped.
As I was getting closer by the flower I saw a guy gently touching the birdfoot.
I looked at him and he looks..sad. I've never seen such a guy so dreadful as him. He looks weary. I scooped aside and closed my eyes.