Afterglow-Mike Seaver (Growing Pains)

From the Show: Growing Pains

You had been dating Mike Seaver for weeks, and even though he seemed committed to you on your dates, you began to question it during school hours. You would catch glimpses of him grinning at girls, unable to hear what he was saying over the loud chatter of the bustling hallways. Your heart broke from the mere thought of losing him, yet you couldn't stay with a cheater. One day you finally caught part of his conversation with a beautiful blonde with full hair that bounced when she moved.

"Yeah, isn't nature great," Mike questioned, which sounded suspicious.

You couldn't take it anymore as you waited on the outdoor couch on his front porch, your arms crossed in anger/frustration. As soon as the headlights of Mike's car shone into view you stood, waiting even longer for him to jog to where you were.

"Oh hey, (Y/N). What are you doing here so late?" He had claimed he was going to cruise with his best friends Eddie and Boner, but now you began to doubt it was the truth, especially with his long line of lying history.

"How could you?"

"How could I what?" He seriously appeared completely oblivious to the issue.

"How could you cheat on me?!"

"Cheat on you?! Okay, what did Carol tell you?"

"Your sister didn't tell me anything! I saw you with that blonde today, and I heard you telling her how nature was great. I knew something was going on. I just knew it! I should never have trusted you, Mike Seaver. You're nothing but a lying, no good jerk!" By this point tears streamed down your face as your feelings overwhelmed you.

"(Y/N), I didn't-"

You cut him off as you roughly bumped into him. "Never talk to me again, Mike Seaver," you whispered before running to your house down the block.

"(Y/N), what happened? I've never seen Mike so upset before," Carol commented the next day at school.

You were flooded from memories from the previous evening before replying in a small voice, "He cheated on me." The anger had left you, and now you just felt wounded and deeply sad.

"I'll kill him," Carol stated. "Who did he cheat on you with?"

"Some blonde with perfect hair," you answered.

"Wait, I think I might know who you're talking about." You lifted your head, now fully immersed in the conversation. "Our cousin just visited yesterday. She was passing through on her way to Vermont. Her parents and her are going on a trip there for the Fall weather."

Your face paled as you voiced, "What have I done?"

"Don't worry, I'll help you win my brother back. I'm probably more upset you broke up than anyone. I mean, you're like a sister to me."

You weakly smiled before telling her, "Thank you, Carol. You're like a sister to me too."

Soon the two of you were standing beneath Mike's bedroom window, whispering harshly as you executed your plan. You managed to hoist your large, silver boom box into the air, Carol balancing the other end. In a matter of seconds the song, "Afterglow," by Taylor Swift began blasting into the night sky.

"I blew things out of proportion, now you're blue

Put you in jail for something you didn't do