"It's not. I'm sorry they left you out. Do you wanna go do something?" She shook her head,

"No. I'm tired anyways."

"Okay."

"Hey, is it cool if I go into town?", Allison asked walking in. I nodded,

"Just be back by midnight and keep your phone on."

"Thanks dad." She bolted off as Mia sunk down a little more.

"Hey, baby she is not gonna replace you. I swear."

"Yeah."

"Mia, I promise."

"It's not just that she'll replace me. It's that eventually, I get old. For everyone."

"Not for me."

"Just wait."

~~~~

"You have a collect call from campus jail. Do you wish to accept?" I sighed,

"Yes." If this is another prank, I'm gonna lose my shit.

"Alex?", Allison's voice came softly, making me sit up,

"Alli? What's going on?" Mia? Maybe. Jake? Definitely. But Alli?

"I was coming home and a security guard asked what I was doing and I said going home and he arrested me. I don't understand."

"Okay, calm down kiddo. I'm on my way."

"Thanks."

~~~~

"Hey Alex.", Jensen greeted as I walked into the security building on campus,

"Hey Jensen."

"What are you doing here? I haven't seen Mia in months."

"My other one is here. Allison."

"She's yours?" I nodded. "Huh. I didn't know that. Well, Wallas brought her in so she's probably pretty freaked out." Wallas was ex military and kinda a douchebag.

"Great.", I sighed, "Will you bring her out?"

"Yeah, of course." He went into the back, coming back with Allison, who hugged me.

"You're good kid.", I said softly before pulling her back, "It's almost two A.M."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"What time were you coming home?" She peered down,

"Like... a little after one."

"And when did I say to be home?"

"By midnight."

"Mhm. Go to the car. We'll talk at home."

~~~~

"Why were you late?", I asked Allison as we ate breakfast. We were sitting in front of the living room windows, watching the sunrise as we were the early risers.

"I just got distracted with my friends. I'm sorry." She paused, "I've never been in a world where adults don't trust me. He was so like... accusing. He clearly didn't think I was going home."

"Because most kids would have been lying. Better safe than sorry."

"So I just get bunched up with everyone else?"

"Unfortunately, yes."

"That's stupid."

"I agree. But we live in a world where you have to prove you can be trusted. Especially as a teenager. Adults just assume you can't be trusted because your peers can't."

"But I have to trust adults regardless."

"Not necessarily. You don't have to trust adults you don't know. And I don't reccomend it. But you have to trust some adults on certain things."

"Like you?" I nodded,

"You have to trust that I'll keep you safe and take care of you in every way. You don't have to trust my decisions or opinions, but as a minor you do have to go with it."

"But I do trust you. I have no reason not to."

"That's how I think too kiddo."

~~~~

"Have you ever been spanked?", I asked Alli later that day. She sunk down, nodding a little. "Okay. Go up to your room." She reluctantly did so as I followed a few minutes later, finding her over the bed. I sat down, "Not like that. Come're." She got up as I helped her over my lap,

"Oh.", she muttered.

"Stay still and keep your hands on the floor. Okay?"

"Yes sir."

Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! Smack! SMACK! SMACK! SMACK! SMACK! SMACK!

I helped her up, sitting her next to me,

"Do you know why I did that?"

"B-Because you care about me and I-I messed up."

"Well, yes. Of course. But I meant what you did wrong."

"Oh. I was late because I didn't pay attention to the time. I'm sorry."

"I forgive you. I was really worried when you were late and didn't text or call me. I need to know where you are and that you're safe all the time. Okay?"

"I know."

"I love you baby girl."

"I love you too dad."