Two boys were dueling with katanas in a training courtyard. One had brown hair, the other had blond.

Garmadon and I were more than just brothers. We were the best of friends.

"Wait a minute. I know you two were brothers, but really?" Jay interrupted.
"The king of cruelty, the doer of destruction, the captain of chaos!" Jay swung his arms around almost hitting the others.
"And you two were friends?"
Morro smacked Jay on the head.
"Ow!"

"Please, no interruptions." Sensei raised a hand.

You see, he did not always have a wicked heart.

A man, the first spinjitzu master, and the father of Wu and Garmadon, was cleaning the golden weapons while the boys were still dueling.

Garmadon jumped on Wu, clashing their katanas, with Wu on the defensive.

One day, I lost this very katana.

Garmadon hit Wu's katana out of his hands with his own, making Wu's fly over the monastery walls. The two boys glanced at their father with distressed looks.

Knowing our father would be mad, my brother told me to go retrieve it.
But I refused.

The young blond gazed at the tall wall infront of him. He shook his head with fear.

He told me not to put off what can be done today and went to get it himself.

The brunette boy jumped over the walls and landed safely on the other side. Looking around, he found a golden katana under a small bush. As he reached for it, a small green serpent with glowing red eyes rushed up and bit Garmadon on the hand. The green venom slowly sinking into the boy's skin.

Garmadon started to feel dizzy as he fell on the ground and passed out.

When my father found him, he was very ill. For he was bitten by a legendary snake that would grow forever as long as it consumes.

A great evil had found its way into my brother's heart. For the snake's venom could turn the purest of things wicked.

Wu investigated his brother's room to see the first spinjitzu master attempting to restrain Garmadon.

"Leave it!" Garmadon shouted.
"Leave me alone! I don't need you! I hate you!" He yelled as he pushed his father away.

The snake is the same one the serpentine want to reawaken today.

Wu his around the corner in regret. He peeked back into Garmadon's room.

"Aah! It hurts!" Wu herd Garmadon cry.
"It's all Wu's fault!" Wu saw Garmadon's gaze. It was cold and filled with hatred. Garmadon's eyes shifted red as he glared at Wu hiding being the door.

It is the snake that took my brother away from me.

"So, the great devourer turned your brother into the dark lord?" Kai asked. All the ninja were huddled around sensei. Morro kept looking in different directions of the room. This information was new to him and it looked like he was having a hard time taking it in.

"It was all my fault." Sensei Wu said regretfully.
"Your five have finished your training. You must bow focus on stopping Pythor from collecting the four fangblades." Sensei Wu closed the case with the katana and faced the ninja.
"But never lose focus of the obstacles that lie within your hearts, that hold you back from true greatness. Unlock your true potential."

"But, how are we supposed to do that sensei?" Zane inquired.
"It is up to each of you to discover." Sensei Wu replied walking past the five.
"Now, I must go of a personal journey of my own."