The Promise

Crack!

Madaline winced as she heard her brothers cries of pain echo through the air. She always hated how much Credence was beat, just for being late. But she was always there for him, she was the only one he could truly trust, she was the only one who truly knew what he was going through.

She was brought out of her thoughts by the crashing of Credence's door opening and closing. Madaline lifted her head, and her stunning green orbs met his gloomy brown ones. She stood up and ran forward, pulling her brother into a loving hug, tears pouring down her soft, rosy bronze cheeks, as he stroked her silky red hair, whispering into her ear, "Everything will be okay."
"But how can you be sure?" She sobbed into his shoulder.
"I'm sure," he trailed of, thinking of what to say, "I'm sure because we have each other, and that will always be enough."
"B-but what if i-it i-isn't?" Credence bit his lip, thinking.
"Well, if it isn't, then I'll be there to save you."
Madaline looked up to her brother, "promise?"
He held up his pinky finger and intertwined it with his little sisters as he replied, "till the end of time." Little Madaline gazes into her brothers eyes with a hopeful smile on her face as the settled into their beds for a full night of sleep.