Chapter 5: Closer

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Jaune dropped his head,"Oh...that's going to take a while." Pyrrha put a hand on his shoulder,"Nothing worth having comes easy. Come on, we can get started now if you want." The blonde haired boy shook his head and the two began to walk away.

Something in Acnologia told him to help the boy, it was quiet but it was still there and it sounded like Anna. The mage didn't like that. Acnologia sighed,"Jaune." The two students turned back to find Acnologia walking with them,"As your combat teacher, if you would like me to, I can assist you in your training."

He immediately regretted the words that came out of his mouth.

-Emerald Forest-

Acnologia stood in front of a now shield and sword baring Jaune. He was standing with his shield in front of him but close to his chest and his sword held out just to the side of the shield. The boy was crouched down in an awkward stance, he was leaned forward and his feet were side by side with just a few feet in between them.

Pyrhha was nearby, leaning against a tree. The dragon slayer tilted his head as he walked around him looking him up and down. A small hum came for his throat while he critiqued Jaune internally.

"Uh....hows this?" Jaune asked with curiosity splattered across his face. Acnologia gave the boy no reply and ended up behind him where Jaune couldn't see him. The humming stopped and suddenly a force pushed on Jaune's back sending him stumbling to the ground.

"Your center of balance is terrible. A wider stance gives you more leverage. You hold your shield to close to your chest. If someone hit your shield it would bounce backwards and hit your head." Acnologia tapped his head as he explain his last critique before he walked to Jaune and picked him up from the back of his hoodie.

He pulled Jaune's shield back and used his foot to spread Jaune's legs out into a wider stance. The mage gave him a push on his shoulder, but Jaune staid up right. "Good. Now take a step forward and try to stay in that stance."

Acnologia stood to the side while Jaune took a slow step forward coming into almost the same stance. The dragon slayer nodded once before he motioned for Pyrrha to take over. "Where did you learn all this?" Jaune asked while he took a few steps backwards.

"Years of fighting and surving on my own. What few knights that fought me were masters of their craft and I remember how they fought." Acnologia said while Pyrrha got her own weapons to help instruct Jaune. "Years? You can't be much older than Miss Goodwitch or Professor Ozpin." She told him taking on the same stance that Acnologia showed Jaune.

"Dragons hardly age once they reach maturity, I am actually over four hundred years old." Acnologia said calmly like it was the most normal thing ever.

"Ha! I didn't think you could tell jokes." Jaune laughed while he copied a simple swing with and shield switch that Pyrrha did.

"I didn't tell a joke. I was born before any mechanical trap you call a vehicle, when dragons still lived." Both Jaune and Pyrrha looked over at him with skeptical faces,"Your not kidding at all are you?"

Acnologia raised his eyebrow,"I don't kidd. I've been around a long time and I spent the most of it in solitary. The humans I knew where insecure and believed that anything above them should be eliminated, such as myself. After a while they gave up and left me on my own, letting my presence fade to legend and myth. But the worlds changed since then, and I feel like I could actually live with humanity again. Obviously I can." It wasn't a lie but it wasn't exactly a half truth either. It would pass until he would slip up, which is bound to happen. "Enough with the questions, back to training. I cannot give you my expertise for much longer. I am helping Glynda test new arena features."