32 ⊳ HOUSE OF SPIRITS.

Start from the beginning

Which was exactly why the fashionista had her hair covering her face the next morning, somewhat looking like the girl from the horror film 'The Ring' if she had blonde hair, whilst most of the Anubis House residents were sat around the table for breakfast. Her new hairstyle was most definitely quite amusing for on-lookers, and thus a conversation starter as the residents came into the room and noticed the odd look on the female.

"So, Amber," Joy began, noticing the peculiar hairstyle that covered her entire face and being quite puzzled by it - like any normal person would have been, "talk me through the new 'do."

Before anybody had chance to explain to the girl why their fashionista looked so odd, the two male pranksters entered the dining room and were very much unaware of the trouble that one of them had caused - for once, unintentionally - and that caused Amber Millington to shoot up out of her chair as she shouted sharply, "Alfie Lewis, look at my face!"

"Beautiful as ever- oh," Alfie started, though his words soon fell short as the blonde-haired girl brushed her hair away from her face and revealed what the raspberry cupcakes had done to her, the two pranksters seeming horrified and rather startled whilst they let out petrified gasps at the revelation, not even attempting to hide their shock at the fashionista's overnight transformation, "Oh!"

"It's not that bad." Amber quickly spoke, turning to face the girls worriedly as she asked for confirmation, "Is it that bad?"

Not wanting to lie to her whilst also not wanting to hurt her feelings, the girls all shared very nervous glances with one another - however, one person in particular was quite blunt and stated exactly what he felt, and that one person just so happened to be Jerome Clarke to stated ever-so-kindly (note the sarcasm), "Amber, you look like a balloon animal."

"I knew it!" Amber exclaimed, whilst a breakfast muffin got thrown at the face of the blonde-haired boy courtesy of his childhood best friend, who shook her head at him disapprovingly at his words.

Trying to comfort the girl covered in blemishes and not knowing what had caused the sudden change in appearance, Alfie set his hand on the girl's shoulder reassuringly, telling her, "Amber, you know I'll always love you for your inner beauty, and no matter what deforming illness you may have, I'll always-."

"It's you, you doofus!" Amber cried out frustratedly, interrupting the boy's rather dramatic speech as she revealed, "I'm allergic to raspberries, and you made me raspberry-flavoured cupcakes."

"Oh."

"Very tasty raspberry-flavoured cupcakes, may I add." Sydney chimed in, trying to cheer up the boy a little bit - in his defence, he had meant well by trying to give the girl cupcakes and just wanted to do a nice thing, but he probably should have checked if she had any allergies beforehand.

"You ate them?" Patricia asked inquisitively, her eyebrows furrowed as everyone turned their attention to the girl wonderingly whilst Jerome slipped into the chair next to her, instinctively doing her tie for her as she responded to the question.

"Both me and Nina did." Sydney answered, a faint smile on her lips whilst the American nodded to confirm - once they concluded why their roommate had suddenly broke out with red blemishes all over their face and had decided that she couldn't eat the last remaining two cupcakes, the two girls happily volunteered to eat the cupcakes, "I was curious about how tasty they were - I mean, Alfie made them! And, someone had to eat them and there were two left."