My Story Begins...

It wasn't supposed to happen

It wasn't supposed to happen. No, no, no. This was not part of the plan and was not supposed to happen. Actually, a lot of things were not supposed to happen recently. That didn't mean they did not or were not happening though.

Like the time that I went for that party in the company of my friends Shola and Raina and ended up staying way into the night. Of course, I couldn't go home again and had to sleep somewhere around.

Or the time that Remi offered to make my hair for me and made something that looks a lot like spaghetti. She called it something curls... I kind of liked it too and I knew mum would be mad when she saw it. I mean, the hair was already made, I couldn't unmake it. Could I? Would You?

Or the time that I happened to enter the compound when Mum was asleep and saw #500 note peeking out of her bag. I didn't mean to take it or the other notes it was partially attached to. I swear, it wasn't my intention, but as I left, it somehow found its way into my purse.

Let me just stop here because I can see you judging me already. You think I am a bad girl and I'm just making excuses. You won't understand that I had a plan. A perfect plan to make me achieve my dreams of being a doctor.

The "it" that wasn't part of the plan this time is that I am pregnant.

I suppose to make youunderstand, I have to tell you my story. I have to introduce myself and explainfrom the beginning so you would know there was actually a plan. A good plan. Pleasedon't judge me too hard. Things just didn't go the way I planned