Amethyst Eyes - Bleeding Silver Christmas One-Shot

The soft hum of Christmas carols rang throughout the Avengers Tower.

Everyone gathered round the fire place and sipped away at Natasha's special Christmas concoction that Clint had dubbed The Unholy Mistletoe for it contained an abundence of alcohol and its consumption offen led to kissing.

Silver snuggled deeper into Loki's chest and buried her head under his chin the best she could with his helmet atop her head.

Christmas lights and tinsel curled around the infamous golden horns and a single bell hung from the tips of the horns.

Loki gathered her in his arms greedily, one arm slipped behind her knees and pulled her closer to his chest as the other supported her back whilst his long fingers curled in her hair.

With a glance around the room, the couple spotted Tony and Pepper whispering in the love seat across theirs whilst Clint, Steve and Natasha were engaged in conversation by the bar.

Amethyst and Thor sat side by side with his arm simply drapped over her shoulders as they answered the onslaught of questions Peter fired at them.

Loki tightened his grasp on Silver unconsciously as his gaze settled on the two. He didn't quite understand how they could be so distant with each other compared to Silver and himself.

Silver flashed a heart warming grin and a 'Merry Christmas' at Brice as he sat down on the chair beside theirs.

A beep sounded from Silvers watch causing the sisters to exchange a glance and excuse themselves.

The sisters grabbed a large, filled to the brim bag each before vanishing with mischief grins on their faces.

~~~~

Phil frowned as he made his way through S.H.I.E.L.Ds new secret headquarters - the Playground.

It was Christmas morning and he couldn't help but be saddened by the knowledge that not only would there not be much celebration but the worst part was that Amethyst and Silver weren't there.

"Ah, AC you might want to see this." Skye peered around the corner into the lunch room.

Phil sighed and threw a longing glace back at the buzzing coffee machine as he followed Skye into the 'hang out'.

He blinked rapidly as his tired eyes were assaulted by the flashing of lights.

The team stood curiously around the large Christmas tree that was surrounded by gifts wrapped in colourful paper.

"Who done this?" Phil turned to his gathering agents. He wasn't upset just suprised by the gesture, they were in the middle of a war with Hydra so no one really had the time to worry about the coming holiday.

"I can guess who's responsible." May picked us a large but thin box and turned over the card - 'To Skye - From the best Coulson ever and Amethyst and Loki the forgotten reindeer.'

Skye's brows pulled together as May passed her the present, a smile pulling at her lips as she read the card.

With a quick glance to Coulson for the go ahead, she ripped open the wrapping to reveal a brand new, never to be released to the public Strak Industries laptop with the S.H.I.E.L.D symbol on the lid.

Opening the box followed by the laptop, Simmons handed her a piece of paper that fell out.

The note explain that there was a button shaped as the Avengers A and to press it in an emergency that required the Avengers.

May searched through the gifts and hand them to there respectful owners.

Mac received new tools and gizmos that would come in handy in the furture.

FitzSimmons got matching Christmas sweaters and mugs.

Trip opened a tin to reveal vintage replacement for Howling Commandos gear that he had lost in the fight with Garrett.

May and Hunter recieved new guns with universal barrels that could hold any bullets including icer's, the only difference was that Mays was gun metal grey with her name engraved in gold.

The team looked up from admiring their presents to look at the two untouched boxes wrapped in Captain America Christmas paper.

He reached for the larger box first. He pulled open the paper gently to reveal a Captain America storage box. Opening the box, he gasped in suprise as he pulled out the vintage Cap trading cards that sat atop numerous other vintage Cap collectables.

The second present was a small thin square box that reminded him of a jewelry box.

His eyes watered slightly as he placed the open box on the table in front of him, the flashing Christmas lights bouncing off the polished metal.

Before him sat a S.H.I.E.L.D badge to replace the one that had been destroyed at the Providence base in Canada.

A beep startled the occupants, a hole opened in the middle of the eagle and emitted a flash of light.

A picture began to form as the brightness of the light dulled slightly to reveal a hologram.

"Is it working?" A confused Amethyst question.

"Tony made it so," Silver threw her head back in exasperation. "probably not." She rubbed her forehead and glared at nothing in particular as Loki's helmet tilted forward as the horns hit the back of the lounge.

"If you would both stop squabbling you would notice that the red light is flashing." Loki's cut in and he came into view as he plopped down beside Silver.

"Since when did you become a genius in Earth tech?" Silver raised her brow at Loki.

"Oh," A blush rose on Amethysts cheeks as she waved at the team through the holo projector and ignored the couple beside her. "Merry Christmas guys!"

"Since you began explaining how this device, and many others, work." Loki answered swiftly.

"Merry Christmas!" The team sang in union.

A grin of pride pulled at Silvers lips, obliviouse to the conversation going on over the hologram. "I have taught you well young Jedi."

"I don't understand? "

They laughed an exchanged Christmas greetings but it wasn't long before they were interrupted by Tony and the familiar tune of Rudolph.

"Loki the green Norse reindeer!" The hologram cut off as Loki lunged across the table and took off after Tony with a murderous glint in his eye.

The sisters echanged a look before falling into a fit of giggles.

"Best Christmas ever."