"Buck, stop!" He shouted. "You're gonna kill someone." Bucky slammed him to the floor and plunged his fist through the boards beside Steve's head.

"I'm not gonna kill anyone." He said as he yanked a backpack from beneath the floor. He tossed it out the door where it landed on the rooftop of a neighboring building. The man Everly was fighting smashed the butt of his gun into her face. She stumbled backward and he switched his aim to Bucky, who held his metal arm before him to deflect the bullets. Steve jumped to his feet and shoved his shield out in front of his friend. He tossed Steve across the room and through the window where he took out an enemy as he rolled to a stop.

Everly finally regained her composure, though the black spots still danced in the corners of her vision. Bucky stepped toward the man firing at him, his metal hand out in front of him to block three shots before he slammed the man to the ground. Everly grabbed a brick at her feet and threw it at one of the armed men. He flew backwards, ripping the bathroom door off its hinges as he clattered to the floor. She let out a deep breath and her eyes met Bucky's. He stared at her a moment, his expression softening ever so slightly before plowing a fist through the door and kicking it down. 

Everly stepped over an unconscious man laying in the doorway and scooped up a battering ram from the floor, swinging it into the chest of a man who lunged toward her. She tossed it aside and looked at the bodies all around her with wide eyes. Though when she looked close enough, she could see the rise and fall of every chest. He wasn't killing them. She peeked over the railing of the blocky, spiral staircase to see Bucky a few levels below herself. He took out person after person with ease and continued his rapid descent. A frown fell over her face at the quiet voice coming from behind her. She spun around to see a man leaned back against the wall, a radio gripped tightly in his hand. He looked up at her with fear-filled eyes as she sent him a glare and plucked the walkie from his grasp. She crushed it in her hand just as Steve ran up behind her, immediately leaping over the railing to the level below. She landed on the lower level and shot her arm out just on time to catch a man that had been flung over the railing.

Steve looked at Bucky and sighed. "Come on, man."

Her chest heaved as she dragged herself over the bent railing and stepped into the hall, which was flooded by the sun's light. Bucky rolled across the rooftop of the next building over, scooping up his backpack as he made a run for it. Her eyes grew wide when a dark figure slammed into him from behind, each of them sent crashing to the ground. The figure picked themselves up in one smooth motion before a pair of claws extended from the tips of his fingers. The pitch-black suit reminded her of a panther, along with his swift movements. She bounced on her toes a few times, watching nervously as a fight broke out between them. Whoever the mysterious person was, they were on a mission. She took a few steps backward and drew in a deep breath, mentally preparing herself for the jump. Steve appeared behind her and looked down upon the fight, his expression plastered with worry.

"Sam, southwest rooftop." He hurried.

"Who the hell's the other guy?"

"About to find out." Everly groaned as she launched herself forward, gaining as much speed as possible before making the leap. The wind was knocked from her lungs as she rolled to her feet. Steve landed beside her with ease and she cringed at the pain that shot up her legs. A few bullets were sprayed across the rooftop and she peered into the sky to see a helicopter hovering above them.

"Sam."

"Got him." Sam responded as he whooshed by overhead, slamming both feet into the chopper causing it to spiral through the air.

Before they even got the chance to assist Bucky in the fight, he had scraped himself off the ground and made a run for it once again. Everly's stomach dropped and she rushed forward as he threw himself over the edge of the building, the mysterious panther following closely behind. Steve jumped from the ledge without hesitation and she soon followed. Her legs burned as she raced after them, dodging the bullets that once again rained from the sky. The chase led them down into a tunnel, cars honking all around them as the trio hurried between them. Everly groaned in annoyance at the sirens that echoed off the concrete walls, flashing blue lights reflecting off the ceiling.